Gingerbread, and 2nd init roms, what are you running now or like the best and why.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread, and 2nd init roms, what are you running now or like the best and why. within the Gingerbread Roms forums, part of the Gingerbread Development and Hacking category; I know people have issues with the guy. I understand why and don't blame them. But it doesn't bother me much. Its wrong what he ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Gingerbread, and 2nd init roms, what are you running now or like the best and why.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 3.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I know people have issues with the guy. I understand why and don't blame them. But it doesn't bother me much. Its wrong what he did but I haven't used the "kanged" work. He definitely made some good roms on his own. Snowy blur was my first on froyo. And broodcomb 2 was indescribably amazing. Genesis though is no shuji(unless someone proves me wrong). Shuji is source and genesis has all the blur elements and I think Genesis was out first. After that fiasco a couple months ago with apex I've stayed away but I'm on gingerbread now from 2nd init and Genesis is the only rom keeping me happy.

I installed zombiestomped from fresh 595 and after that first day and a half of battery drainage, it rebooted continuously. Did a wipe of everything and reflashed and same results. Sbf'ed and went back to gingy and it happened again. I'm going to try again if genesis gives me any issues.

I tried liberty once on froyo and wasn't satisfied. I didn't like the feel of it. I was on it for 3 hours before I couldn't take it anymore haha. Broodcomb 2 and zombiestomped are the only other gingerbread roms I like most

From akeezy's Galaxy
    Last edited by akeezy; 08-13-2011 at 04:31 AM.
    SscoootzZ likes this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i'm currently on miui 1.8.5 and have been on cm7 til miui. Before i go into anything, i run adw launcher with both. didn't like the stock miui.
    Personally, cm7 worked great for me. I didn't have any bugs or problems. I think cm7 is my choice from the two. With miui, i get 15-20% more battery life than cm7 and i really love the mix and match theme i can put on it. However, miui with adw is running a bit laggy for me. I might move back to cm7 later, but for now i like my set up on miui. Will stay for a bit.
    SscoootzZ likes this.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 5.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Southwest Virginia, In the Boonies/Bible Belt/Coal Bucket
    Liked
    4 times
    @akeezy, I understand man, as I may have mentioned, I've heard the guy does good work on his own. I did try a couple of his roms before all the hoopla started. So, you don't like aosp roms? Do you mean 596 aosp or CM7 aosp? Just wondering. And I don't understand the constant reboots on Zombie, I never had that problem before (back around the first of June). I'd like to try that one again, but I'm not gonna go back to 595, cause it seems like too much work just getting back to 595. Have you tried DSX? It's a nice blurry rom. And wulf has some really nice theme's built for it.

I'm back on Lib v.9 I had never tried .9 and wanted to check out battery life on a 596 rom. From what I've read though, the 596 stock liberties aren't known for stellar battery life. I ran V6 yesterday. battery is holding up well, but I'm not sure how well yet. I really miss all the features of the CM7 and 2nd init roms.

I've been reading on the new MIUI release, and it seems to be a bit buggy from what I've read. Various people having various issues. One person said he never saw a prob with it except for changing ringtones which everyone else had problems with too. I've definitely got the itch. May try CM7 60. I haven't been on a standard CM7 in a long time. I used liquid per your recommendation from a while back and really liked it.

Thanks to everyone who has replied. Thanks.
    SscoootzZ likes this.

X Pursuant Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I, too, am interested in 2nd init and am just starting my info quest. I may have misunderstood something I read elsewhere, but does 2nd init allow for the use of a modded kernel? Also, in the OP, DarkSlideX is mentioned. Is it a 2nd init rom? I'm currently running it and was unaware of possible 2nd init status.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!
    Sent from the pc, but the Droid still lives...........

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I do like AOSP. But I prefer the 2nd init AOSP because motoginger in my opinion should be motoginger and to turn 596 into AOSP ginger is basically another source rom w/o the extra customization. I came back to motoginger primarily for zombiestomped so I could enjoy the motoblur, great battery life, and I missed the camera haha. And now im just staying on genesis because his roms have always been easy to use with no issues for me ever.

As for Darkslide, it's much too busy in terms of looks to me. It's well themed but im a minimalist kind of guy and all the colors and stuff going on gives me headaches haha. I always try to find a simple black and white theme on roms.

MIUI was great at first but frustrated me. I couldn't stay on it for more than a few hours at a time and just gave up on it. When I try zombie again, if it continues to reboot, I'll move back to liquid
    SscoootzZ likes this.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fernbch View Post
    I, too, am interested in 2nd init and am just starting my info quest. I may have misunderstood something I read elsewhere, but does 2nd init allow for the use of a modded kernel? Also, in the OP, DarkSlideX is mentioned. Is it a 2nd init rom? I'm currently running it and was unaware of possible 2nd init status.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!
    I don't know about the modded kernel on 2nd init but I don't think you need it. 2nd init allows source based roms to work on the froyo kernel. Darkslide is not 2nd init. It's on the gingerbread kernel

X Informant
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm on justice and it is great with no bugs at all

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    I've run all of the 2nd init roms... Justice and cm7 are my favorites... Liquid 2.6 was also great... Love the feel and the speed... Especially the customization with the t mobile theme chooser engine... It's amazing... And undervolted and running the v6 script... Also getting decent battery life...

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer
    SscoootzZ likes this.
    Post Script:
    We have nothing to fear but runnig out of beer/*****|*****\
    Nemo Aeternamn Wallpapers

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

X Operative
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Currently on Liberty gb v.9 and loving all the options. I'm getting very good battery life and it runs so smooth ....no issues.

I was on Darkslide X which was good too, but I like Liberty better.

I am waiting as well to see if they work more of the bugs out of MIUI then I'll give that a try.

Liberty v.9/Watermark theme/OC'd

X Operative
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just flashed CM7 build#60 tonight Griz. I'm gonna run it stock for one charge to see how it does. Then I'll undervolt and see how it works. I'll let you know how it goes.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads