CM7 Based Roms Sleep function, battery life..

This is a discussion on CM7 Based Roms Sleep function, battery life.. within the Gingerbread Roms forums, part of the Gingerbread Development and Hacking category; I hate to beat the battery life thing into the ground, but when I lay my phone down to go to sleep, I put it ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CM7 Based Roms Sleep function, battery life..

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 5.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Southwest Virginia, In the Boonies/Bible Belt/Coal Bucket
    Liked
    4 times

CM7 Based Roms Sleep function, battery life..

I hate to beat the battery life thing into the ground, but when I lay my phone down to go to sleep, I put it to sleep too with the power widget notification pulldown thing(a mouthfull). I can't really tell if this is doing anything or not. This morning after a full charge, and at least 2 or 3 calibrations, I am at 79% after 8 hours use, most of which was phone idle and cell standby. Wifi was on too. I just don't get it and I'm sure its just the way it is for now. I must mention here that yesterday evening, i fully charged reset battery stats in CW and got about 5 heavy hours of use I mean heavy use, wifi browsing, package installing, and game playing (I was at a hospital, after I install a bunch of crap that I normally might use, I let my first cousin play games on it (mostly angry birds), for an hour or so and she surfed the web a while. When I was on my way home I got stopped in traffic because of an accident and used/tested gps checking satelite locks(had 8 according to a gps tool). After I got home I used it some more doing this and that adjusting all the CM7 settings I love. I have installed Imoseyon's tweak (may not be necessary) the script said it was working but I never saw any additional governors and can't find any info on how to include them. I also installed the supercharger script and played around with it eventually making launcher hard to kill and using megamemory settings for 512 phones on Version 5 (Six beta is out). I also setup a SMB app to access windows shares. (yay, that is handy dandy).

Do the other CM7 based rom's have the same issue? I mean with sleep? It seems that whether or not I use my phone the battery still drains. I'm not using any kind of battery management app either. I thought about using CPU Tuner I think it is, that has a bunch of built in profiles since its free and I don't have And Overclock. Last night I also used quickclock to lower voltages and overclock.

Just wondering if SSX, Justice, and Liquid all have the same problem with battery drain before I even attempt to use them. I am dying to try Justice (I have Liberty Donate), but if it's based on CM7 I see no reason to unless it adds something cool that I could use. The file size is bigger than cm7 so there must be something in there even if its only graphics. I have read that SSX does include additional tweaks that CM7 doesn't have by default.

Thoughts / Comments anyone???

I know the 596 based non CM7 rom's don't suffer from this kind of battery drain during sleep, or non use, but during heavy use esp with gaming, I can't get much more than 4-5 hours of angry birds play on a 596 rom(No i don't play it that much but others have with my phone). LOL One person actually played A.Birds till the phone shut off and was very hot..

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    I don't see where there is bad battery drain especially if after 8 hours you only lost 21%

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

If you think you have bricked your phone... do this.... stop look around say a few curse words then take a deep breath because you haven't we can fix this haha

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    My battery drains almost twice as fast on liquid as it did on AOSP Liberty. I love how well the ROM works and how smooth it is. But the battery life makes me ponder flashing back to AOSP Liberty. I've done two calibrations with no change in battery life. It drained 23% in 5 hours just sitting doing nothing. Usually when I go on lunch break I've only lost around 10%. I'm at 63% now after my lunch break. That's around where I'm used to be at on my way home from work.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    @ Cory. First thanks for your help in the past, I haven't forgot. But don't you think that 20% in 8 hours of sleep mode is a lot? I mean if I just had it turned on, and left it laying somewhere then the battery shouldn't drain like that. Especially since I don't have any email apps/social media apps installed right now. The standby battery life is whats eating me. Almost any of the 596 roms would lose half that in that amount of time.

@wrapped. CM7 is getting better, I've never used liquid, SSX, or Justice. Battery life is leaps and bounds better that it was on RC0 nightly 1.

And looking at the change log for 32 or 33 there's gonna be a lot of stuff addressed, maybe not specifically for the X, and more than just translation stuff.

Agent X
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Is there a reason you don't leave your phone on the charger at night instead of loosing 20%?
    ---
    Liberty 3 -- too many roms too little time.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Yeah, Right now I'm testing for daily use. Normally, I would leave it on charge all night long. But I was just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with sleep mode... 20% probably aint that bad, but its more than any 596 would use I think in the same situation, esp the Aosp 596's. Even Zombie and DSX I don't think would use that much just sitting there. I mean, I'm probably gonna stay on CM7 for the foreseeable future, unless my phone blows up. Or I am in a situation where I need the extra super duper standby time.. That's mainly what's bugging me is the standby time and sleep mode. And no one has said much about SSX or Justice and Liquid. How are those roms in the same situation? My guess would be they're identical, and if not perhaps the code they used to fix it should go be upstream. I mean thats how it's supposed to work with Linux right?

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 3.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Check and make sure your phone is actually in sleep mode. Because I have never been able to put these source based roms into sleep mode. It just locks the screen and wakes up as normal

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ryant35 View Post
    Is there a reason you don't leave your phone on the charger at night instead of loosing 20%?
    No kidding lol

Sent from my Droid X using Droid X Forums

Agent X
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kradebaugh View Post
    No kidding lol

He explained it above, it makes sense.

---
    Liberty 3 -- too many roms too little time.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ryant35 View Post
    He explained it above, it makes sense.

Sorry

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads