CM7 Based Roms Sleep function, battery life..

This is a discussion on CM7 Based Roms Sleep function, battery life.. within the Gingerbread Roms forums, part of the Gingerbread Development and Hacking category; @akeezy nice bro. Glad to see some good numbers on it...also great to have no issues with this rom. Sent from elGato's X.. Flash alert ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM7 Based Roms Sleep function, battery life..

Super Mod Team Lead
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    @akeezy nice bro. Glad to see some good numbers on it...also great to have no issues with this rom.

Sent from elGato's X..
    Flash alert warning!!!!
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 5.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Southwest Virginia, In the Boonies/Bible Belt/Coal Bucket
    Liked
    4 times
    @Akeezy, looks good man. And it looks like you used your phone quite a bit too..

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 3.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Preesh guys. Yea I use it quite a bit for Facebook, twitter, and email. And Tapatalk is the only way I see these forums. I was surprised actually to have it last this long

Agent X
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    a little late but i did notice in the op the bit about leaving the wifi on and didn't see it mentioned in the replies.

if wifi is constantly running then the batt life will be impacted. wifi does use less power than 3g for the same tasks, but 3g is only using batt while active. wifi always running is a big drain for me, but at home i have no recption so 3g would then chew through the battery just searching for a signal. if i put my phone in airplane mode w/o wifi I'd get no notif, emails calls etc... so it's a trade off for my situation

consider this a bump if nothing else

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    ZOE, I too have to use wifi at home, I barely even get 1x to talk on. 2 bars max. So I keep wifi on all the time at home and usually turn if off during the day while at work.. I've read and heard that 1x data uses even more battery life than 3g. Not sure if this is true, I friend of mine told me years ago, then when he's at home in TN, he gets much better battery life than when he's here due to an analog vs digital signal. Perhaps 1x is still digital not sure about that. My TN friend I really trust on matter like this because he is an EE who specialized in RF.

Akeezy, As I mentioned before I've been thinking about trying liquid, Does it include all the fixes for camera, camcorder, and gps. I did notice in the changelog that imoseyon's tweaks are included by default so why did you install those separately?

Once I get mine settled in, I too will be using mine for facebook and other social media a bit more. I was just trying to keep things at a minimum til I got battery life straightened out.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Yea everything works to my knowledge. I use the gps and cameras. I guess i didnt notice imoseyon was already installed or maybe i forgot since i switch between this cm7 and justice. I just flashed it yesterday when i switched back.

From akeezy's Galaxy

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    What is cell standby? It's always my number 1 battery user. What's the difference between cell standby and cell idle?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    Just wondering. To those that are having high idle and cell drain... have you changed the
    Little pull down thing?... One thing I've noticed on all cm7 builds its that changing that for some reason kills barry life on both of those processes although no idea why that one little detail would cause such a draw...
    Sent from nemo walking solus
    Post Script:
    We have nothing to fear but runnig out of beer/*****|*****\
    Nemo Aeternamn Wallpapers

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    @akeezy, I've been wanting to try justice for some time now, I checked the toolbox last night for an update. Nothing new in there. Out of the three that you have used which one would you say you like the best and why?

@wrapped, If I knew I'd tell you.. I bet a search of googles android site might yeild some answers if you could search for services or running services on android. If you find out, hit me back here. I'd like to know myself.

@Nemo, What little pulldown thing? There's a ton of options you can add to the pulldown notification power tool. Which one exactly are you talking about. I have several in there in addition to what it came with. You do know you can change those add/remove as well as change their order in CM settings.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by griz.droidx View Post
    @akeezy, I've been wanting to try justice for some time now, I checked the toolbox last night for an update. Nothing new in there. Out of the three that you have used which one would you say you like the best and why?

@wrapped, If I knew I'd tell you.. I bet a search of googles android site might yeild some answers if you could search for services or running services on android. If you find out, hit me back here. I'd like to know myself.

@Nemo, What little pulldown thing? There's a ton of options you can add to the pulldown notification power tool. Which one exactly are you talking about. I have several in there in addition to what it came with. You do know you can change those add/remove as well as change their order in CM settings.
    The justice update can only be found by using the toolbox while on cm7 or 596 because the nightlies only work on gingerbread or something. Of the three roms, I prefer liquid and justice. The only difference between the two really is that liquid has a few more customizable options. Justice feels pretty smooth too but they are about equal in my opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads