CM7 Based Roms Sleep function, battery life..

This is a discussion on CM7 Based Roms Sleep function, battery life.. within the Gingerbread Roms forums, part of the Gingerbread Development and Hacking category; Akeezy, I think you're right, it doesn't go into sleep mode, and now that I think about it, I bet it's something to do with ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CM7 Based Roms Sleep function, battery life..

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 5.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Southwest Virginia, In the Boonies/Bible Belt/Coal Bucket
    Liked
    4 times
    Akeezy, I think you're right, it doesn't go into sleep mode, and now that I think about it, I bet it's something to do with how the X gets CM7 in the first place. I mean if we are booting the froyo kernel, then loading gingerbread, that might have something to do with it. Or not.. That might affect a hibernation type feature.. Or not.. I don't know..

@ kradebaugh, it's cool man.. I know the battery life deal has been beat to death on every thread on every forum. I was more concerned with standby and sleep mode anyway.

At any rate, today I took my phone with me for another trip to the hospital. It was off charge for about 5.5 hours and used about 20%. This is pretty good because I tested the gps / nav functioning with the imoseyon and supercharger tweaks. I also browsed the web quite a bit and kept wireless on the entire time. Again, does anyone know if the sleep function works in any other CM7 based rom?

Battery life is pretty good and on par I think if you are using the phone a lot for calls, email, whatever. Standby or Sleep is where I think it's still hurting a bit. As I said, I'll probably hang around on this rom for a while. It's running awesome, has a ton of features, and I'm not getting any FC's at all. One problem I noticed that I do not have with this rom is the walking while listening to music bug. Every time I've ran CM7, I never get the reboot issue like I did on 596 roms. And this is one reason I bought the phone. For use as a portable mp3 player while mowing, cutting weeds, stuff like that. I don't own any other gadgets. No Ipod, No Navi, No Ereader, Not even a new dvd player that plays divx movies. This is why I got the X back in feb. Right now you can't go wrong with CM7.

Good Night people.. Have a good one... Gotta have my sleep tonight.. Work in the morning.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 3.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Yea it probably is the froyo kernel that is restricting it from entering sleep mode. I'm glad I finally have an answer to that.

It seems as if those imoseyon tweaks are really boosting your battery life. I've tried them but I don't think I was getting the same results. I'll have to try again on liquid now

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Honestly I don't know man if its the Imoseyon tweaks or not. I've read that they do help. But on nightly 30, I was already getting pretty good life during heavy usage. Sounds odd but it's true. I'd sort of like to try the other CM7's out there. I've heard a lot of good things about SSX, about all of them really liquid and justice included. A person could make a Nandroid and backup and restore for testing.. But I'm at the point that I just wanna use my phone a bit.. In all truth I'll probably be flashing something by weeks end.

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The SSX has the same sleep issues as CM7.. Phone Idle and Cell standby are usually high on my battery stats as well.. Usually I lose 10% during a nights sleep, but have seen a loss of 20% as you have already experienced. On a normal day, I can still get 24 hours of battery use on SSX, so I can't complain.. and I was getting about the same battery life on AOSP Liberty as I am with my SSX, but SSX is so much smoother!

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I've read that one guy got 24 hours on ssx, another got 7-8. 10-20% a night is what I was losing with CM7. That's over about an eight hour period. It's not bad.. Thanks for posting about ssx. Would like to try SSX or Liquid, but I already put more time in testing that I do using! It is fun though. Beats the hell out of using a phone with those other os'es.. Especially the Fruity ones.

X Operative
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Download CPU Spy from the market https://market.android.com/details?i...valosek.cpuspy. It uses no noticeable resources and will keep track of how much time the phone spends in each CPU level as well as Deep Sleep since the last boot. This way you can see if the phone is actually going into sleep mode or just staying at the lowest CPU frequency when the screen is off.

I did notice that back on nightlies 17 and 18 the phone would not go into Deep Sleep at times, and a reboot would fix it. I skipped from 18 to 25, so I do not know what resolved it, but it hasn't happened since I installed 25.

I do not use the imoseyon tweaks or the supercharger script because they were causing me a LOT of reboots and the phone refusing to wake from sleep mode across different nightlies (and Liquid for that matter). CM7 still reboots once in a while (maybe once every few days), but it is not enough of a bother to go back to a blur based rom.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

A couple of screens from last night and this morning.

Crap now I gotta type this all over again.. Firefox 5 crashed and burned.

Abqnm, looks like a great app, best of all it's free. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll definitely make use of it.

Everyone, I'm attaching a couple of recent screenshots still on nightly 30. Battery life is great (can't spell phenominal). Either akeezy is right and the scripts are helping, or Android is learning as it goes how to better manage the battery. Perhaps that's the whole point of a calibration. This is a few days after my last calibration. Not much use as you can see maybe 2-3 short calls and a little internet browsing and online radio via Tuner Pro (a battery muncher), still the life speaks for itself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    That's outrageous haha. I've never used my phone till it dies so i don't really know how long it lasts. I always just monitor how much power is lost over time. Right now I'm in the process of fully discharging with my usual amount of use. I'm running imoseyon tweaks so I'll post my results

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks man, I'd like to see what you get.. Which rom are you running now? I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I did the Display tweaks right before I went to the hospital, charged on the way, and recalibrated in the parking lot.. LOL. The standby time was what I was trying to fix, and something fixed it. Before, it didn't matter how much or how little I used the phone, my battery was gone in 12 or so hours.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Well here it is. Almost 12 hours and left with 26%. That's more than enough for me. I only need my phone to last 4-5 hours at a time and having double that is great for me.

I'm running liquid underclocked to 300 mhz with imoseyon tweaks in place. This is my first full discharge cycle and its not done yet but i'll definitely do it again and see how it turns out

Last edited by akeezy; 07-21-2011 at 04:17 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads