Overclocking/Liberty V5

This is a discussion on Overclocking/Liberty V5 within the Gingerbread Roms forums, part of the Gingerbread Development and Hacking category; I just got DX a few nights ago (not new to android at all) Started out on Zombiestomped went to use Droid Overclock and my ...

Thread: Overclocking/Liberty V5

X Informant
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Overclocking/Liberty V5

I just got DX a few nights ago (not new to android at all) Started out on Zombiestomped went to use Droid Overclock and my X would freeze and reboot. Decided to switch to Liberty, went to use droid overclock same thing. Im using the built in overclocking, but would much rather use droid overclock. Is this happening to anybody else or is it just me? I have no idea why I cant use it and its peeving me off. Thanks for any help!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I am on Liberty v0.5 GB, I am using JRummy's Droid OC app and I am oc'd do 1.3Ghz. It is so stable and snappy with minimal heat output that I am failing to understand why I see all these overclocking issues on GB. If you are using Liberty GB (any version) you should be using Droid Overclock (which made by the SAME DEVELOPER AS LIBERTY.)

You may have another app trying to manage your overclocking which is not good bc you dont want 2 apps trying to regulate the processors settings, but I really have my doubts this is the issue.

I have not had ANY random reboots since going to Liberty GB v0.5, no issues with the OC, non wireless issues...nada....if I were you I'd .sbf back to froyo, install liberty 2.0.1 (froyo), purchase the liberty donate toolbox and get into GB flawlessly with ease. IF you still have issues after that...then you know something else is a foot.

You could also .sbf back to Froyo, instal the OTA update, get Gingerbreak and have a stock rooted rom and see if the problem still persists.
    follow me @designbydaank
    Team Liberty / Team Gummy Graphics Creator Designer Guy
    Droid X - Liberty v18 .602, oc'd to 1.3Ghz (very stable), rooted, rom'd and snappy.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    somewhere someone said each phone responds differently to oc.
    mine turtles above 1.15 gh no matter which app i use.
    running gingerbread 602 SBF

X Informant
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rudyy View Post
    somewhere someone said each phone responds differently to oc.
    Mine turtles above 1.15 gh no matter which app i use.
    ^ troof
    follow me @designbydaank
    Team Liberty / Team Gummy Graphics Creator Designer Guy
    Droid X - Liberty v18 .602, oc'd to 1.3Ghz (very stable), rooted, rom'd and snappy.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daankdroid View Post
    I am on Liberty v0.5 GB, I am using JRummy's Droid OC app and I am oc'd do 1.3Ghz. It is so stable and snappy with minimal heat output that I am failing to understand why I see all these overclocking issues on GB. If you are using Liberty GB (any version) you should be using Droid Overclock (which made by the SAME DEVELOPER AS LIBERTY.)

You may have another app trying to manage your overclocking which is not good bc you dont want 2 apps trying to regulate the processors settings, but I really have my doubts this is the issue.

I have not had ANY random reboots since going to Liberty GB v0.5, no issues with the OC, non wireless issues...nada....if I were you I'd .sbf back to froyo, install liberty 2.0.1 (froyo), purchase the liberty donate toolbox and get into GB flawlessly with ease. IF you still have issues after that...then you know something else is a foot.

You could also .sbf back to Froyo, instal the OTA update, get Gingerbreak and have a stock rooted rom and see if the problem still persists.
    Where do we get the OC kernel from?

RS Team Leader
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 684
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Is it freezing when you open it up or when you use the phone after a setting has been applied? Did you wipe data/factory reset and all that before installing Liberty? Try going into the Liberty Toolbox -> Liberty tweaks -> Miscellaneous -> Fix Permissions.

Remove Ads

Ads