Any roms in the works yet for gb

This is a discussion on Any roms in the works yet for gb within the Gingerbread Roms forums, part of the Gingerbread Development and Hacking category; @macpro88 Ive been using Rubix Blurrybread for 2 full days without any significant changes-no themes etc.Most of the time it runs well,though I am not ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Any roms in the works yet for gb

Agent X
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    @macpro88

Ive been using Rubix Blurrybread for 2 full days without any significant changes-no themes etc.Most of the time it runs well,though I am not seeing a huge difference from stock. With heavy use my minfree goes to the 40-50 range and if it persists I end up with fc's on the apps Im using and I have to wipe cache and even actively stop some apps in order to keep going. I have never liked or used a task manager and honestly there is not enough cache to wipe that will help. Most of it is system. What do you suggest? I did not have this problem on stock GB with the Imoseyon zip.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JNEHAMA View Post
    @macpro88

Ive been using Rubix Blurrybread for 2 full days without any significant changes-no themes etc.Most of the time it runs well,though I am not seeing a huge difference from stock. With heavy use my minfree goes to the 40-50 range and if it persists I end up with fc's on the apps Im using and I have to wipe cache and even actively stop some apps in order to keep going. I have never liked or used a task manager and honestly there is not enough cache to wipe that will help. Most of it is system. What do you suggest? I did not have this problem on stock GB with the Imoseyon zip.
    My phone did not like Blurrybread. It looks like it would be a great ROM, for my phone reset itself so many times it wasn't even funny. I know everyone's phone acts differently so it may work better on yours...but the complaint you're talking about seems to be happening to others as well. I would restore your bf stock rooted GB and wait for a stable ROM to be released, such as Liberty.
    This is my Droid, there are many like it, but this one is MINE!

Run, run as fast as you can. You can't catch me I'M ON GINGERBREAD, MAN!

Agent X
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFandroid View Post
    My phone did not like Blurrybread. It looks like it would be a great ROM, for my phone reset itself so many times it wasn't even funny. I know everyone's phone acts differently so it may work better on yours...but the complaint you're talking about seems to be happening to others as well. I would restore your bf stock rooted GB and wait for a stable ROM to be released, such as Liberty.
    I may very well do that . But most of the time it runs very well on it. Only when there is heavy usage do I have the memory problems and this is not unique to this rom. On froyo when I had these problems, I added the sysctl.conf minfree tweaks and they resolved. I was advised that it might not work for Rubix so I'm asking if Drod has any other recommendations. Just to be told the rubix tweaks are better is no answer since my phone clearly has this one specific issue. I can just abandon ship and let go of the good parts of the rom or simply ask what should I add to help it run better. I prefer the later course if the problem is not urgent. I am in no hurry. I am not having resets or anything else, just some fc's when the phones ram is low. Im pretty sure this can be fixed with some tweaking.

X Informant
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Fab just tweeted a score from Quadrant Standard on his DC at stock speeds that were amazing. With just his tweaks he was up at 2675 which is ridiculous. He said the framework fro Apex Gb is almost done!

X Operative
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 1.1%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deletion View Post
    Fab just tweeted a score from Quadrant Standard on his DC at stock speeds that were amazing. With just his tweaks he was up at 2675 which is ridiculous. He said the framework fro Apex Gb is almost done!
    I can't wait for his ROM his work is amazing!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deletion View Post
    I saw this too...this will be awesome! Hopefully this coming week we will see something!
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Supporting Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Member #
    Liked
    392 times
    Don't get excited about the Quadrant score...lol...the Rom will be awesome anyway...

"bigxie Andrew Xie
    That Quadrant run was made at stock 1GHz, no stagefright. But...it's just for fun, no real world difference ;-) "
    Where my time is spent away from the office!

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinrichmond View Post
    Don't get excited about the Quadrant score...lol...the Rom will be awesome anyway...

"bigxie Andrew Xie
    That Quadrant run was made at stock 1GHz, no stagefright. But...it's just for fun, no real world difference ;-) "
    I am excited for the ROM - I was running Apex 1.4.1 when I jumped to GB so it will be good to see it...I was hoping that we would see a GummyJar or Liberty but I think ApeX might make it first...
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Supporting Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Member #
    Liked
    392 times
    Yea, I don't think Kejar has started GummyGB yet...but Apex has always been great!
    Where my time is spent away from the office!

X Informant
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Still it is very exciting to see that and to know that it is in the works. I have always loved Fab's work.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads