GB .595 Questions

This is a discussion on GB .595 Questions within the Gingerbread Help forums, part of the Droid X Gingerbread Forum category; Hey all. Been following the forums since I got my X back in January and have been loving the heck out of it. Since I ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GB .595 Questions

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

GB .595 Questions

Hey all. Been following the forums since I got my X back in January and have been loving the heck out of it. Since I got it with Froyo I had been DYING to get GB. I messed around with rooting and OC'ing and all that jazz. Pretty much my X was beast, especially compared to my LG Ally (good grief!) Anyway I've been having some issues since I got the phone.
    Here's the rundown...
    -Since obtaining my X the WiFi has been GOD AWFUL. Constantly disconnects and reconnects, and seems to have actually gotten worse since I updated to GB .595.
    -I have SBF'd back to .340 and upgraded to Stock .595 from P3.
    -I can't seem to get any official Verizon/Motorola/Whoever OTA updates no matter which software version I use, stock or rooted.
    -When connected to WiFi for some odd reason my cellular strength decreases from full bars to 1, meaning I constantly drop calls and have even missed out on job oppurtunities! WTH is up with that?
    -Is it really imperative to update .596? If I should, should I go get the deodexed, odexed or stock?
    Are there any fixes for these issues or are they fixed with the updates? If so, where can I get them and how do I go about this?
    Thanks for taking the time to assist me on my first (sloppy) post. If this is the wrong section, or if there are similar threads, please direct me to those or post this one in the proper section.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 3.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    To get the OTA you need to SBF to Froyo and the check for system updates. Do not root. The WiFi may be in part of the leaked .595 your using, maybe a bad version? idk. But i would SBF and get the OTA, i love it or just use P3's leaked and pre-rooted .596 OTA

250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have SBF'd back to stock 340 and opted for the update in the "About" section under settings, but I still get "No update necessary". Also I have seen at least one or two other threads on other sites asking about the cellular drop while on WiFi and it's apparently still puzzling to others. I'm really sick of seeing "Idk what your problem is but my phone works great!" Not a gripe, just an observation. Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll give it another go. Also, is there any differences between the 595 and 596 softwares? Still need to know whether or not a .001 software upgrade is actually necessary.
    Any other solutions or even anybody else notice these same issues?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok so I updated my X to .596 odexed and flashed the Hateraid 1.5 rom from DrewGaren. My cell service still drops but otherwise my phone is super fast and as of yet I have no more complaints. Also the WiFi seems to be working alot better. Thanks for the response dshwartz.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    If your service still drops then you probably have hardware issues. I'm glad your wifi is working but I'd assume that if wifi improved then so should the cellular capabilities.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    try to call *288 and press 1 then do it again but press 2

+ Reply to Thread

Ads