How to fix the 3g data drops in GB

This is a discussion on How to fix the 3g data drops in GB within the Gingerbread Help forums, part of the Droid X Gingerbread Forum category; Today I decided that I had had enough with this 3g dropping business, so I did a factory reset and wiped cache. Still having the ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to fix the 3g data drops in GB

X Lurker
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Same trouble here after factory reset

Today I decided that I had had enough with this 3g dropping business, so I did a factory reset and wiped cache. Still having the same problem where I lose singal off and on all day long, no matter where I am at. Any other thoughts before calling verizon? Anyone else still suffering from this problem?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yep, mine is a mess but still kinda usable. Very iffy WiFi that was fine before the update and works fine on the laptop next to my phone
    and 3G that I've seen 500 Kps with on 3-4 bars showing. I am still able to access the web ok though on 3G. I can't even get Speedtest to do
    a full test anymore. not at all. it kicks out on the upload part with "network connection problem". I am unrooted and have done a full Reset
    with no real improvement. I also (not knowing the magic DMU <?> code did ask for my profile to be reset and they said that it was fine.
    No improvement there either.

Way to go MRola, I'm beginning to think you are the Microsoft of the phone industry.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

X Informant
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Same problem for me as well. Was running liberty gb, then official gb with root from tbh, now ota gb after sbf and all have left me with a struggling data connection multiple times each day. Each time requires a reboot to get it back. went to the local vzw store and explained the 3g problem and they suggested a reset. Performed the reset standing in the store and strangely enough my phone is now worse than previously, freezing while opening apps, random reboots, 3g problem STILL, and some serious overheating (temps of 110 and up throughout the day) even while sitting with the screen off not doing anything. We can still sbf back to froyo, right? vzw offered me a new x if my problems continue but I imagine new ones come with gb already installed, don't want that. Any suggestions?

Edit: decided to sbf back to froyo and try the rooted gb from tbh again. So far everything is perfect the second time around. No 3g drops, no overheating, no freezing, and no reboots. Button lights still don't turn off when plugged in to the multimedia dock tho
    Last edited by joebob; 06-11-2011 at 12:48 PM.

X Operative
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hey ocalaflguy. Im from ocala too. Small world. Sry for the thread hijack.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Having the same problem after the GB upgrade. About every 1.5 to 2 days, I loose 3G and can't get data or voice connectivity. If I'm near Wifi, I can get data on Wifi. When this happens, I've tried turning Wifi off and toggling airplane mode with no effect. Reboot seems to be the only thing to make it work again.

I did do a 'clear cache partition' but still experienced the drop after that.

I have not done a factory reset yet and really hate to unless it is really going to fix it.

I normally have Wifi enabled all of the time, so while at home, am always connected to Wifi and don't notice the drop since I don't make many calls on the phone from home. So, I generally notice it after leaving home and not having a Wifi connection available.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    While the reset doesn't seem to work for everyone, it did for me. I was getting the drops a couple of times a day, but I've not had a single one in a week now.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well, after working with two different tech support agents they are convinced that it is a problem with my phone hardware so they are sending me a replacement. Hopefully this fixes it as I am really getting sick of this not working! Did everyone else get their data drops fixed?

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm just going to go back to froyo haha

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    After several days and many reboots, mine seems to be working fine now.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am unrooted and have done multi batt pulls, a factory reset and a battery pull after that.

I do have Wifi/3G connections but they are not near as fast or a solid of connection as before. I routinely see 300 Kps with 3 bars showing along with 3G.

I have a hypothesis.

I think I have noticed something and that's the phone either dropping the 3G connection or changing it to 1X when data isn't being used. I wonder if this
    switching isn't to help VZN save bandwidth somehow. I think the issue is either with this area and/or the antenna/radio receiver. My wireless speeds
    are much lower and there are alot of times when I cannot connect on the WiFi when there wasn't before.

I will probably head to the VZN store today or tomorrow and do some side by side checking of my phone against some of the other similar phones at
    the store. We'll see.

I'm also hoping for the alleged patch on 6/23. There's not much more I can do other than that or go back to Froyo and I'm not ready to do that.....yet.

Now, the real kicker would be if my phone continues to sloth along at the VZN store while their's (on the same WiFi and 3G) are blazing.

Again, we'll see.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads