Newbie from Blackberry keeps getting can't open SD Card for the dxgbrooted.zip file

This is a discussion on Newbie from Blackberry keeps getting can't open SD Card for the dxgbrooted.zip file within the Gingerbread Help forums, part of the Droid X Gingerbread Forum category; I'm still very new to Android and just recently jumped ship from Blackberry. I have already rooted my Droid X with using the z4 root ...

Thread: Newbie from Blackberry keeps getting can't open SD Card for the dxgbrooted.zip file

X Lurker
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Newbie from Blackberry keeps getting can't open SD Card for the dxgbrooted.zip file

I'm still very new to Android and just recently jumped ship from Blackberry. I have already rooted my Droid X with using the z4 root 1.3.0.apk. I'm running Android Version 2.2 which is what the phone came as.

I've been trying and trying after following directions to a T (as of watching the youtubes of AfroPenBoy and DroidModd3rx) on how to get gingerbread. I've followed the links and download from megauploads site. I than transferred the dxgbrooted.zip file to my memory card and followed everything on the videos from wiping the cache to do the factory reset. I than would than get to the part of installing the dxgbrooted.zip file to keep getting something that would say something around"Can't open from SD Card/ Blah Blah Bad".

I'm at the moment lost and don't know what else to do except may be just waiting for it to come out. I'm sure I'm going to get flamed since with my luck someone probably posted the same thing I just didn't find it in Search. Like I said I'm still learning about my Droid and when I was a crackberry addict I was always getting ahold of leaks and messing with them.

If anyone can please help it would be greatly appreciated. I will try to respond back ASAP to anyone asking about certain info.

I also have the Droid 2 Bootstrap from Koush that I'm using to do this
    Last edited by SeanT31684; 04-18-2011 at 02:54 AM. Reason: forgot to add one thing

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Have you installed bootstraper Are you flashing in clockwork. Have you checked to make sure the md5 matches

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    You're trying to install the leak. You want the gb with root patch (.588) version. It comes in 3 files to flash. As to your problem, Sid you unmount the sd in bootstrap by chance?
    "FEZ aims to create a non-threatening world rich with ambiance,

a pleasant place to spend time in."

Supporting Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Member #
    Liked
    392 times
    The dxgbrooted.zip file is the older .573 leak, if you're doing it anyway, get the (3) .588.zip files here as flash them in order per instructions:

DroidX Gingerbread 2.3.3(4.5.588) Install Patch with Root
    Where my time is spent away from the office!

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinrichmond View Post
    The dxgbrooted.zip file is the older .573 leak, if you're doing it anyway, get the (3) .588.zip files here as flash them in order per instructions:

DroidX Gingerbread 2.3.3(4.5.588) Install Patch with Root
    I tried that and keep getting the same thing. Im guessing im having bad luck/im an idiot with this lol.

X Pursuant Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Are you able to access your sd card during normal operation (music, videos, games)? Try moving all your info to your pc, then formatting the sd card (settings > storage > unmount sd card > format sd card). Move your files back and try again.

Have you verified the md5 of the zip file(s) you're using. If not, download AFV from the market. There are programs to do it on your pc as well.

If you're flashing the old leak, dxgbrooted.zip, you should use Droid X Bootstrap to flash it, then use D2B after it's installed (or disable usb debugging and DXB will work). If you're flashing the new leak, use D2B pre and post flash.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    One of my buddys figured it out for me when he was playing with my phone. My SD Card is a 32GB memory card and because of that it he feels it wasn't recognizing the file. He put a 16 GB card in and like magic I now am running Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.588) and I'm LOVING THIS SYSTEM !!!!!! The only issue I've been having is when I charge or plug in my phone to a USB port it will restart. Other than that It's been Flawless !!!!!! BTW sorry it took me forever to post back. I just hope someone with the same problem will read this and be able to figure it out.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Off Topic I must say I wish I switched sooner to the Droid side !!! Don't get me wrong I really did love my Blackberry with BBM but I LOVE MY DROID X a lot more !!! Just think it took someone stealing my blackberry for me to switch over but everything happens for a reason and I don't think I could ever go back to the Blackberry side after being introduced to this world with the ability to actually "OWN" and personalize your phone !!!!!

X Operative
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I converted a few rim users over to android and everyone pretty much says the same as you they can't believe what they were missing. I believe the customers they still have is because they never used an android. The only thing they miss was bbm but is a minor con to such a huge pro. Enjoy

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Droid X - Rooted Z4 - OTA 340 - Gummy Jar 2.5 - Theme Watermark - ADW Ex

Remove Ads

Ads