Wireless Tether not working on Rooted Gingerbread

This is a discussion on Wireless Tether not working on Rooted Gingerbread within the Gingerbread Help forums, part of the Droid X Gingerbread Forum category; This is the WT I'm using now Tip: DROIDX and 2 Gingerbread Wireless Tether Work-Around (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog works great!! ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wireless Tether not working on Rooted Gingerbread

X Lurker
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Cool

This is the WT I'm using now Tip: DROIDX and 2 Gingerbread Wireless Tether Work-Around (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog works great!! The way I got it to work was after you DL new WT app turn on tether than go to settings change dns to 4.2.2.2 than tether will restart than change alternate dns to 4.2.2.1 tether will restart again than you should be good to go I use it all the time with no problems hope this helps ......

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Couldbeworse View Post
    Installed the 2.3.3 Pre-Rooted leak and everything seems to work fine except for the wireless tether app. Both the free wireless tether for root users and the 3g mobile hotspot app seem to be broken. When I start the Free Wireless tether app the 3g app starts as well automatically. The app(s) seem to be broadcasting but cant get a device to connect. The 3g Mobile hotspot also will only work when the Free wireless tether is active. Anyone else having this problem or getting the tether to work?
    I was having the same problem the fix is: Team black hat has a patch that you put on the root of your sd card and flash using clockwork recovery. I forgot where the patch is [just google search it] but just flash it and download an app called wifi tether with the yellow bars and start it and it should work
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Soon to be
    DROID BIONIC!

tried installing the TBH_DX_Tether_Patch_1.0.zip, but it freezes on "Step 1 NV Update", so I have to do a battery pull. After rebooting, I changed the DNS settings in WT and I was actually able to connect my Nook to my Droid. After tethering, I then lose all network connections on the phone, so I have to reboot again. Phone works fine after reboot, but now I can't tether my Nook anymore. Boy this is frustating....I tried to reapply the tether patch and it still just hangs on "Step 1". Anyone else still able to tether to their Droid or has VZW found more ways to block us?

X Operative
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jwgraves View Post
    tried installing the TBH_DX_Tether_Patch_1.0.zip, but it freezes on "Step 1 NV Update", so I have to do a battery pull. After rebooting, I changed the DNS settings in WT and I was actually able to connect my Nook to my Droid. After tethering, I then lose all network connections on the phone, so I have to reboot again. Phone works fine after reboot, but now I can't tether my Nook anymore. Boy this is frustating....I tried to reapply the tether patch and it still just hangs on "Step 1". Anyone else still able to tether to their Droid or has VZW found more ways to block us?
    Might have gotten a bad copy, if you google Team Black Hat or TBH tether patch, you should be able to find one that works great. I have flashed it without problems on both rooted builds of gingerbread 596, liberty, apex, and now cm7. It works, trust me. If you want to set it back, there is also an unpatcher.

X Operative
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Remove Ads

Ads