GB - Tips/Tricks/Better Battery Life/And Everything Else!

This is a discussion on GB - Tips/Tricks/Better Battery Life/And Everything Else! within the Gingerbread General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Gingerbread Forum category; Originally Posted by vudugan People, if you are using LPP and the GB app drawer here is the work around to add shortcuts to your ...

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: GB - Tips/Tricks/Better Battery Life/And Everything Else!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vudugan View Post
    People, if you are using LPP and the GB app drawer here is the work around to add shortcuts to your home screens.

Hold down on app drawer - choose swipe gesture action - open app drawer.

Now when you know you want to add apps to home screen, swipe up and LPP drawer will open. Viola!!

Thanks
    GB Deodexed .596

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Its finished and updated! Got most of what I though was important, hope you guys enjoy!

And always remember to read, read, read, and read some more!

Agent X
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times

How about some general solid tips for rooted GB stock .602/.605

Resurrection:

Since a month or two is ancient history in the evolution of Droid development, and I thought of starting a thread but this title seems most appropriate, I'm wondering about Tips and Tricks for making Rooted Stock Blur Gingerbread .602 / .605 run awesome..

I'm thinking things like display fixes, config tweaks/hacks, etc. If this thread isn't appropriate, just slap me because I'm just too whacked on some serious french roast this morning.
    I need two DX's.. One to try rom's on and one for MIUI because it's THE daily driver for me so I'm not messin' with it.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bsbabcock View Post
    Resurrection:

Since a month or two is ancient history in the evolution of Droid development, and I thought of starting a thread but this title seems most appropriate, I'm wondering about Tips and Tricks for making Rooted Stock Blur Gingerbread .602 / .605 run awesome..

I'm thinking things like display fixes, config tweaks/hacks, etc. If this thread isn't appropriate, just slap me because I'm just too whacked on some serious french roast this morning.
    Haha, whacked on French Toast, that made me laugh.... lol

Anyways, a general guide to making GB on the DX smoother would be a good idea me thinks, but my issue is that it might not apply to everyone as each user is a different type of user. A bland, general, bare minimum guide might just be too general to really be of any help, though it could serve as a good starting point, but it would probably mostly require users to be rooted and not all users are rooted, but who knows, I shall look into this, see what I can muster up.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    "French Toast".. Freudian slip? Somebody's ready for lunch! LOL!!!

Yeah I was after definitely Stock and Rooted as the two main criteria, so yeah for unrooted folks not much you can do anyway besides apps and general settings stuff I suppose. I'll start a thread, try to at least contribute what I've found, and hopefully some pro's will chime in.

Not surprising with most rooted folks running mostly blurless roms instead of blur as I've done since March, there's not much I've found on simply making the "stock" rom run killer. Stuff like "what's safe in 602/605 to freeze in Tibu", etc. Any and every facet of stock blur rooted performance.
    I need two DX's.. One to try rom's on and one for MIUI because it's THE daily driver for me so I'm not messin' with it.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bsbabcock View Post
    "French Toast".. Freudian slip? Somebody's ready for lunch! LOL!!!

Yeah I was after definitely Stock and Rooted as the two main criteria, so yeah for unrooted folks not much you can do anyway besides apps and general settings stuff I suppose. I'll start a thread, try to at least contribute what I've found, and hopefully some pro's will chime in.

Not surprising with most rooted folks running mostly blurless roms instead of blur as I've done since March, there's not much I've found on simply making the "stock" rom run killer. Stuff like "what's safe in 602/605 to freeze in Tibu", etc. Any and every facet of stock blur rooted performance.
    haha, guess i read it wrong lol, frech ROAST coffee lmao. guess I need more coffee lol.

sounds like a good idea, and I'm not sure if there is a good list of bloat freeze floating around yet, could be wrong, but it should be stuck.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Stock but rooted GB .602 and .605 Performance Tips and Tricks

Thread started. Definitely, when I can I'll list the ones I've frozen but I'd love it if a growing list of "safe to freeze" apps in the Op post. A 1-stop list for GB blur users. Granted the goal was also for any other performance hacks such as that killer display setting thread for MIUI CM7. I've asked in that thread about applying the tool to stock blur. I imagine also a bunch of stuff may be rehash from what's been applied to froyo as well, so I'll comb through a bunch of older threads as I can. I'd say anything that makes blur including stock blur launcher just plain run better, and better battery life.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    Got two days out of it

Miui ROM
    Brightness controls
    Undervolt
    Turning off the data when not in use

Nothing more
    uploadfromtaptalk1319075138995.jpg

Beamed from my DroidX

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213