.15p flashable radio

This is a discussion on .15p flashable radio within the Gingerbread Development and Hacking forums, part of the Droid X Gingerbread Forum category; Originally Posted by savagerun Not a problem at all, thx for trying. By the way i put myself on 13p before trying any of your ...

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: .15p flashable radio

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 43.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by savagerun View Post
    Not a problem at all, thx for trying. By the way i put myself on 13p before trying any of your baseband updates, would that make a difference? Or should i have tried it on the normal froyo 7p?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Your guess is as good as mine there. I just know it needs to be flashed from Froyo, I've never flashed basebands myself seperately always just used the one in the SBF going via RSD Lite. You may check the baseband flashing post over @Rootz, might yield you some info there:

[RADIOS] All Baseband Updaters - Droid X - RootzWiki

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Technician X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Yeah ok, i don't think it makes a difference myself i just know you have to be on froyo to flash a baseband. I'll be on froyo a couple more days lol... So if you come up with something just post it and I'll try it.

X Informant
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose306 View Post
    Ok. So ignore the fact the .zip says 13p and ignore the fact when trying to flash its going to say 13p. I'm doing this with absolute minimal modifications just dropping in the bp.img radio file and recopying the RDL from the 13p baseband. Just trying to ensure that I'm not breaking something here when changing updater-scripts, etc (although its the same method I've always used with no previous problems...). If this doesn't work then something with the 15p radio is definitely b0rking the update and we won't be able to install via normal method.

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

MD5: 368291FE68F4ED704E1974E1CF807BDD

Also opened in IZArc after uploading and verified signing is still listed is motosigned.
    hey Goose is this the latest base that uve hooked up for us to try???

Technician X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by venomous View Post
    hey Goose is this the latest base that uve hooked up for us to try???
    Yes that was the latest one i flashed earlier which aborted on me the same as the others.

Agent X
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 5.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    i dont know much about this but its just a thought. what if you only use the bp.img and the rdl.bin in the zip and leave all the certs out of it

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by casper55117 View Post
    i dont know much about this but its just a thought. what if you only use the bp.img and the rdl.bin in the zip and leave all the certs out of it
    Won't work AFAIK, radios need to be signed (and judging by the earlier baseband releases, Moto signed). You can always try it if you want, I've already gotten the radio extracted for ya and the updater-script built. Just take my first download (it has the fully updated script, etc) and pull the certs out of META-INF, rezip and flash (on Froyo of course)

Advocate X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Won't work AFAIK, radios need to be signed (and judging by the earlier baseband releases, Moto signed). You can always try it if you want, I've already gotten the radio extracted for ya and the updater-script built. Just take my first download (it has the fully updated script, etc) and pull the certs out of META-INF, rezip and flash (on Froyo of course)
    Goose
    Is a Kang ROM a good thing or approach with caution?

Its Bubba
    "Stubborn In Your Bones "
    It's Going Along for the Ride...

"Stubborn In You're Bones"

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The persuader View Post
    Goose
    Is a Kang ROM a good thing or approach with caution?

Its Bubba
    Haha that's a random question, and fairly loaded one too.

It depends on the context the word "kang" is being used. Kang essentially means it was pulled from some other source. In some cases its entirely appropriate and accepted. AOKP is a perfect example. Android Open Kang Project is one of the most respected and used ROMs that has emerged from ICS. In their case what it means is they have merged a ton of code from other sources (with proper credit) along with their own work. This is legitimate.

However, kang can also mean essentially stolen. While coding in Android is open-source in nature, it is generally understood that credit is due to original sources of code. Some unscrupulous people will essentially take someone else's blood, sweat, and tears and pass it off as their own, and even worse some try to get donations off the work of others. This should be avoided.

Sent from my YACK!

Advocate X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Haha that's a random question, and fairly loaded one too.

It depends on the context the word "kang" is being used. Kang essentially means it was pulled from some other source. In some cases its entirely appropriate and accepted. AOKP is a perfect example. Android Open Kang Project is one of the most respected and used ROMs that has emerged from ICS. In their case what it means is they have merged a ton of code from other sources (with proper credit) along with their own work. This is legitimate.

However, kang can also mean essentially stolen. While coding in Android is open-source in nature, it is generally understood that credit is due to original sources of code. Some unscrupulous people will essentially take someone else's blood, sweat, and tears and pass it off as their own, and even worse some try to get donations off the work of others. This should be avoided.

Sent from my YACK!
    Goose
    Thank you my friend

So, its all about the Letter "K" Capitalized vs The
    Small "k" is Pirating for someone else's ideas plus sidebar donations

Thanks for your Canderness...

Its Bubba
    It's Going Along for the Ride...

"Stubborn In You're Bones"

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by The persuader View Post
    Goose
    Thank you my friend

So, its all about the Letter "K" Capitalized vs The
    Small "k" is Pirating for someone else's ideas plus sidebar donations

Thanks for your Canderness...

Its Bubba
    Hahahaha well not necessarily I used K in capital Kang because it was a proper title. But thats a good way to put it. A lot of the time others will use it to. BMc08GT uses it for YACK (Yet Another CyanogenMod Kang) (again proper title) which is again not in a bad-faith way. It really depends on how its viewed by the community and/or if its easily discernable as someone else's code or not, and whether proper credit is given. Its a bit complicated sometimes.

I dug this out of a quote in a Rootzwiki article and I think it about surmises it well:

The "Word"

We’re going to end this training session with the mother of all dangerous words. You don’t toss this word around. Using this word out of context will get your baby-face beat in faster than I can put a stop to it. That word is Kang. If you see Kang in a ROM title, that usually means the developer borrowed code or features from another developer with permission or acknowledgement. If a developer or another member calls someone else’s work a kang, read between the lines to see if it’s an insult or compliment. Dropping this word without context tells a developer that they’ve stolen code without permission for their own glory. If you want to get beat down, go into a ROM thread and call a feature "a kang" or "kanged". I won’t be responsible for what happens to your body, and good luck to your family in identifying the remains.

Let’s try some examples, shall we?
    • I say “I kanged the toggles in the drop-down menu for my latest ROM. Thanks to Dev Zero for permission to use his code.” I used a cool feature, I acknowledged that I had permission, all is well.
    • The thread title says “CM9 Kang”. The developer has acknowledged that the work is based off of the CyanogenMod 9 project. All is well.
    • JeffTheLegume says "BanzaiBazinga kanged my screen transitions for his latest ROM release. I demand it be removed from the ROM." JeffTheLegume is pissed, and BanzaiBazinga better be able to prove it was his own work or else find another way to make JeffTheLegume happy. Your job? Stay the hell out of it; the brass will take care of this one. Commenting on the situation could get you in a world of hurt from one side or the other.
    • You say: “That weather feature looks kanged from ROM X. Does the dev know about this?” Expect a beat-down of epic proportions, even if you’re right. Save your skin and just report the thread so the right authorities can handle it.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads