Stock rooted .602, can't stay connected to wifi.

This is a discussion on Stock rooted .602, can't stay connected to wifi. within the Gingerbread Development and Hacking forums, part of the Droid X Gingerbread Forum category; Hey all, title says most of it. I was having issues on the 2nd-init rom I was on, so I figured I'd try stock rooted ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock rooted .602, can't stay connected to wifi.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Stock rooted .602, can't stay connected to wifi.

Hey all, title says most of it. I was having issues on the 2nd-init rom I was on, so I figured I'd try stock rooted .602. I did multiple factory resets, in settings and clockwork, just to be on the safe side. Anyway, sbf'd to froyo, did the two part update to .602, seems to be doing ok, except for the wifi issue. I turn on wifi, put in the password the first time, it authenticates, connects, and immediately disconnects. Then it goes on a continuous loop of the same. My girl is connected on her phone and laptop, so I'm fairly sure it's something with my phone and not the router. It was able to connect fine on the Liquid rom I had been on. I didn't expect to have an issue with this change, but I certainly am. If there is more info I need to give to get some help, just let me know. If anyone has a solution to this, it would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Some of the things I have tried so far that didn't work. I told it to forget network and tried it again, same result. Did a battery pull in the wifi settings part, no dice. Reboot, still no go.
    Last edited by Talon66721; 11-21-2011 at 09:49 PM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 2.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsYour first Group7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Im having same problem. . Can anyone help us?

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Hey, PomP, sorry about our bad luck. I'm sure someone out there has a solution for us. This is an amazing forum full of really smart people, dare I say geniuses. They'll get us straightened out. No worries.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsYour first Group7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah I hope so. Ive been having this problem as long as I can remember. . The reason I rooted and flashed MIUI was because I thought it might work (ended up staying with it because its AWESOME) but yeah... it didn't work.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    so it was working on liquid fairly well or no? and what version of miui are you on? ..bump

Agent X
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    This may not be much help, as my problem isn't the same as yours. However, when I have trouble connecting to WiFi, I put the phone in airplane mode and leave it there, turn WiFi on and let it connect.

The other thing that has worked for me is to turn on the WiFi and then reboot. It usually connects right to it when it boots.

X Pursuant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Hey guys. Thanks for getting back with us! Sorry, just getting around this morning. Yes, Dirty, it was working fine on Liquid for me.

Anyway, update on my end, still may need to help Pomp, though. TiBu got hung up on me last night while I was restoring. Bad enough I couldn't get my phone to boot back up. It would get to the bootlogo, then just a backlit black screen and no more. I did a battery pull a few times, but couldn't get past that. I ended up going to stock recovery, did a factory wipe, got Tibu working again, and crashed. Woke up this morning with my wifi holding strong.

So, PomP, maybe give that a shot and see. Hopefully it will help you, not sure with you being on Miui. Not sure whatwas wrong with mine, but the reset seems to have fixed it. Thanks Dirty and Skennelly for the input! I'll remember your tips for the next time I have this issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What is Tibu? can you give me a more fetailed explanation please? Im fairly new to this, but I do consider myself to be smart when it comes to technology like this. But I can't do things I dont know! ;P. By the way, Hey dirty! remember me from the ics thread?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Tibu, is titanium backup.....Oh yess...lol sorry i new the name looked familiar...so what is your problem the same exact as above? won't connect? connects then logs off?

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My problem is different. Ive had it before I rooted. I am not sure when it started happening but I believe it was back when I updated to gingerbread (before I even knew what rooting was :P) It can connect but discconects after like 2 minutes. After root now it will stay connected but I only get signal when im within like 20 feet of the router . I know its not the router because my laptop is fine, everything is perfectly fine on it, except my beloved droid x

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads