Looking for a good Hacker to build my Rom Idea.

This is a discussion on Looking for a good Hacker to build my Rom Idea. within the Gingerbread Development and Hacking forums, part of the Droid X Gingerbread Forum category; I'm hoping for a good hacker to find this post. Otherwise, if you know of one could you forward the link? Thank you. I am ...

Thread: Looking for a good Hacker to build my Rom Idea.

X Informant
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Looking for a good Hacker to build my Rom Idea.

I'm hoping for a good hacker to find this post. Otherwise, if you know of one could you forward the link? Thank you.
    I am your basic idiot. I can't hack.
    I have ideas that I think are validly good.
    Why do we have to scroll through pages left or right five times?
    Why do we have a background behind buttons?
    My Rom idea starts with a Home screen. Apps and widgets can be dragged to this, probably the users most used or favorite.
    in each corner of the Home screen is a little quarter round tab that can be touched and drug diagonal to reveal that new page. It comes down diagonally like a page overlapping the Home screen.
    This page also has the corner tabs so that any of the 4 alternate pages can be dragged from their individual corners to lay that page over the existing page. The Hard button Home, takes you to your original Home page. And or reverse the drag to it's corner to go back to Home. So basically, you can get to any of five pages by one touch.
    Next. Why wallpapers? What if each page was more like the new Android Market in appearance. But as you touch each section, it balloons larger into the app. I guess that is pretty much like touching an icon, but what I would envision is tapping the square (with some logo or id picture on it) and it zooms out to reveal the app. But scrolling up and down is also achieved by touch and scroll. So each page can have somewhat unlimited apps or widgets. I really don't have any ideas for how widgets would work on a page, but I guess kind of like they already do.
    So pages would have 4 units wide by 5 units down (visible, but by scrolling down, more are shown) And apps could occupy larger combined units or individual 1x1 units. So, like Android market, if you wanted a larger button, it could be 1x2 or even 2x1 or 2x2. Each button could be a faded picture of the app from edge to edge. So it had a real pretty graphic look. Like the way they look in Market. I think a Rom without wallpaper would give it a status for people like me who prefer a professional appearance.
    Thirdly, as an option in settings, you could select an option that would force "most used" apps to float to the top as time goes on. You could also sticky any app by long pressing it in it's position and select "Stick" to page. Or even "Super Stick" which keeps it on all five pages.
    I prefer a single Gun-Metal Blackish, Bluish, Grey environment across the board, with embossed edged buttons. but options could include colors or multi colored themes. The buttons would be designed so any image used for the icon would fade by the edges so a uniform and non straining appearance could be achieved.
    There could be themes like Grunge or Glass or Metal, that applies over the top of layout so it uniformly applies to existing layout underneath.
    I have extensive Photoshop experience, and could help with the graphics, with guidance.
    I hope the idea is understood as well as liked. I would like to see a Rom this way and to see if anyone else would find it nice. Also, as for the purpose of a forum, if anyone would like to offer suggestions within reason that would be good too.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    I like the concept for sure. It might be easier to build a launcher like that instead of a full rom

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    This a great idea but this is more along the lines of developing a replacement home launcher not a full ROM.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Informant
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've tried to contact Fredricio and Go But they don't have an easy way to communicate. Are those Launcher devs on these forums? Or if that would be better, which forum would be best to post this in?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    I'm pretty sure Fede has a forum of his own, can't think of the url right now but you could search for launcher pro forum.

[mobile]

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    LauncherPro with forum tab at the top, this is Fede's website for his Launcher Pro app.

Sounds like a cool idea too.

And always remember to read, read, read, and read some more!

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 2.8%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I like the diagonal idea, that seems like it could be easily incorporated into an existing launcher. I like my background though so I wouldn't scrap it but you have some cool ideas.

X Informant
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, backgrounds should be an option for those that want them on the home view. It would be a little different since it wouldn't scroll, but that's OK. I think people are ready for something different. I'll contact Fede on his forum. Thanks for the tips.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Sounds similar to this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=781455

Or actual Windows phone 7

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

If you think you have bricked your phone... do this.... stop look around say a few curse words then take a deep breath because you haven't we can fix this haha

Remove Ads

Ads