I downloaded the drivers then clicked the zip file downloaded that and it cancels the instal and says this shortcut no longer refers to a valid website or file"..
this is what i followed step 2 is what im talking about any clues
1. Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - [Download Drivers]
2. Download and unzip ‘Droid 3 easy root script v5′ - [Download 1-Click]
3. On your phone: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
4. Plug phone into computer and select “Charge Only” mode
5. Navigate to ‘Droid 3 easy root’ folder and run ‘Click to root your Droid 3.bat’
6. Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.