Easy Way to Root Stock Gingerbread .602

This is a discussion on Easy Way to Root Stock Gingerbread .602 within the Gingerbread Development and Hacking forums, part of the Droid X Gingerbread Forum category; Thank you smdinsf !!! That method worked perfect for me I did have to do the adb shell deal to remove the old su, but ...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Easy Way to Root Stock Gingerbread .602

X Lurker
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you smdinsf!!! That method worked perfect for me I did have to do the adb shell deal to remove the old su, but other than that it worked great. It's so nice having root back!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Root solution after GB OTA update......

I know when the GB OTA update was coming out it was said that it couldn't be rooted. I've been trying to follow the board every day keeping a specific eye out for news about this. While randomly surfing this morning I came across this: How to: Root the DROID2, DROIDX2, DROIDX, and DROID3 Running Gingerbread - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog from Droid-Life. Did I miss other people talking about this in the past? Also, it appears that for people that had root and lost it after OTA have trouble because Superuser was already installed. Does it make sense that if you unrooted/uninstalled superuser, then took the OTA you'd be OK?

Thanks,

Randy
    Last edited by randyp1234; 09-17-2011 at 10:19 AM.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by randyp1234 View Post
    I know when the GB OTA update was coming out it was said that it couldn't be rooted. I've been trying to follow the board every day keeping a specific eye out for news about this. While randomly surfing this morning I came across this: How to: Root the DROID2, DROIDX2, DROIDX, and DROID3 Running Gingerbread - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog from Droid-Life. Did I miss other people talking about this in the past? Also, it appears that for people that had root and lost it after OTA have trouble because Superuser was already installed. Does it make sense that if you unrooted/uninstalled superuser, then took the OTA you'd be OK?

Thanks,

Randy
    Yes it is true it is now rootable, has been for a little under a month. There are several threads stickied in this section discussing it including this one. And the question about superuser I know was discussed in one of them. I used the one-click after being previously rooted, accepted the newest OTA, and had no issues with it not rooting.
    "Don't Panic!"
    -Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy-

"Dude you have to check this out, I rooted my phone."
    "You rooted it? No thanks man. I'm not much of a gardener..."

-Me-

X Informant
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by randyp1234 View Post

Thanks,

Randy
    I originally posted this in the main forum forgetting that there had been a GB forum spun off of it. I'll read through this thread and I'm sure my questions will be answered.

Randy

X Informant
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 1.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by supermario6582 View Post
    worked for me! thanks!

This method worked for me in under 10 mins. I was 2part prerooted .596. I just unfroze apps and rebooted forgood measure. Had the su zip on my sd card. Took the ota .602. Rebooted and got the "ok". I pulled the battery before pushing any buttons. Reinstalled battery. Rebooted to ClockWork. Installed SU and rebooted. All id good. Way too easy.... Thanks guys! Oh yeah , I was also plugged in and charging the whole time.

Took me longer to take my case on and off (Kraken) than it did to do this!

I was trying to catch supermario's quote but I guess not. My sequence was taken from supermario's post #74 which was quoted from another.
    Last edited by liquidfluidity; 09-18-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Remove Ads

Ads