Issues with Gingerbread

This is a discussion on Issues with Gingerbread within the Gingerbread Development and Hacking forums, part of the Droid X Gingerbread Forum category; OK, so i guess since this was my first "ROM" (so to speak) it was going to be rough, but not sure why this: since ...

Thread: Issues with Gingerbread

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Issues with Gingerbread

OK, so i guess since this was my first "ROM" (so to speak) it was going to be rough, but not sure why this:

since i ended up with a bad download (only thing i can guess) i flashed to stock, got locked up at the bootloader (standard error as previously reported by many in this forum) SBF'd back to stock, and then fun started:

Lost Z4Root -- not in market anymore, had to go to XDA to find Z4Root MOD (works, but not as smooth)
    Lost all of my programs (some are not available in Market anymore) so have had to go through and re-load
    Lost all ringtones, and now ZEDGE is not working that great..

my question is this: Is this normal, or did i just get to experience all the fun on the first one, so any after this would seem simple?

Also, is there any fix for Market? Seems to not work all the time, OR doesn't seem to have all the same programs as previously. Had seen "work-arounds" posted, but can't find them.

Thanks to MACPRO88 for the postings prior to this, otherwise i would have been totally lost

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Z4 has not been in the market for a while...we have to use the apk that is posted on the forum or XDA.

Jrummy has a market fix - Andorid Market... Anyone else see something... Missing? - link in this thread.

Some of the apps are designed for GB yet but as they are updated, you will see them working just like before - this was the same as when the 2.2 leak was released...

Good luck!!
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Jrummy has a market fix - Andorid Market... Anyone else see something... Missing? - link in this thread.

thanks, i'll have to check that one out

Some of the apps are designed for GB yet but as they are updated, you will see them working just like before - this was the same as when the 2.2 leak was released...

Good luck!![/QUOTE]

and what i thought, but was curious as to the whole, "lost everything" when i flashed the rooted GB "rom". Do you normally lose all your programs and have to go back in and download them, or do they restart when you bring up new "rom"?

RS Team Leader
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 605
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    When you load any rom,going from a stock phone, its always recommended to wipe all data/cache. This will delete everything. The same is true with SBFing. SBFing will return you to how your phone was out of the box...which means no apps or anything you've already loaded. So to answer your question..yes its normal to have to reload everything back to your phone.

Edit: Any apps you bought or any contacts you had should have been saved to your google account, so once you sign in then you should be able to reload those. Any other apps you will have to find and redownload.
    Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Last edited by popcenator; 04-04-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goldsmitht View Post
    and what i thought, but was curious as to the whole, "lost everything" when i flashed the rooted GB "rom". Do you normally lose all your programs and have to go back in and download them, or do they restart when you bring up new "rom"?
    Yes - and as popcenator says too...when you wipe / data cache, it is performing a factory reset which wipes all info and you have to start over...
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Remove Ads

Ads