Where to start

This is a discussion on Where to start within the Gingerbread Development and Hacking forums, part of the Droid X Gingerbread Forum category; This may be a silly question that I am just not seeing an answer to, but where does one start to get rooted gingerbread? I ...

Thread: Where to start

X Operative
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 2.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Where to start

This may be a silly question that I am just not seeing an answer to, but where does one start to get rooted gingerbread?
    I currently have 2.2.1 Liberty 1.5 but I'm seeing multiple methods and too many terms lol. I've read the warnings thread and barely understand it. I think the path is sbf to stock with some special file, then flash some special 2.3.3 file, maybe it should be deodexed, then i root it by installing another file, then realize that's probably not even close to what i'm supposed to do. Is that about right?
    I puts the Gingerbread on the Droid: Gingerdroid.

DX- Best use of 4.3"

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Check out my stickied thread on Rooted Gingerbread, it gives clear instructions on how to go about installing rooted GB.

And always remember to read, read, read, and read some more!

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Root for Android 2.3 Gingerbread

Here you go, read the OP throughly.

And always remember to read, read, read, and read some more!

X Operative
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by macpro88 View Post
    Root for Android 2.3 Gingerbread

Here you go, read the OP throughly.
    THANK YOU! I saw like 5 different GB posts and didn't which was was the actual start point from 2.2.1 Rom.

DX- Best use of 4.3"

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantar6 View Post
    This may be a silly question that I am just not seeing an answer to, but where does one start to get rooted gingerbread?
    I currently have 2.2.1 Liberty 1.5 but I'm seeing multiple methods and too many terms lol. I've read the warnings thread and barely understand it. I think the path is sbf to stock with some special file, then flash some special 2.3.3 file, maybe it should be deodexed, then i root it by installing another file, then realize that's probably not even close to what i'm supposed to do. Is that about right?
    BUT, before you do that make sure you SBF the BFD....and you'll then back up the WTF. Hold the volume up and down at the same time, stand on your head...do a 360 while pushing the menu button. If that doesn't work, FLASH the deodex hex tex mex from Maederstock's black hat....make sense?

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SVDroidDude View Post
    BUT, before you do that make sure you SBF the BFD....and you'll then back up the WTF. Hold the volume up and down at the same time, stand on your head...do a 360 while pushing the menu button. If that doesn't work, FLASH the deodex hex tex mex from Maederstock's black hat....make sense?
    This is actually exactly what was going through my mind when i started this stuff. Then i had to do hand olympics to put in bootloader mode and stick stuff in my phone where i had no clue it even existed, realizing at the same time i could possibly brick my phone by missing a wipe or something.

DX- Best use of 4.3"

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantar6 View Post
    This is actually exactly what was going through my mind when i started this stuff. Then i had to do hand olympics to put in bootloader mode and stick stuff in my phone where i had no clue it even existed, realizing at the same time i could possibly brick my phone by missing a wipe or something.
    From what I've gathered I think it is very hard to actually brick your phone BUT you could end up spending many hours trying to get it functional again. The guys here on the site are very helpful for sure and this stuff comes second nature. For us mere mortals it isn't. When I try something that is out of my element I always plan for the worst case scenario, and even though I likely would not do permanent damage to my phone I just don't have the time to waste IF something does go wrong.

Remove Ads

Ads