Clean install of Froyo helps eliminate problems

This is a discussion on Clean install of Froyo helps eliminate problems within the Froyo 2.2, News-Rumors-Wishes forums, part of the Droid X General Discussion category; Surprised that I did not see this here (If I missed, my apologies). I did this yesterday and most of my little annoyances have seem ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Clean install of Froyo helps eliminate problems

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 1.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Clean install of Froyo helps eliminate problems

Surprised that I did not see this here (If I missed, my apologies). I did this yesterday and most of my little annoyances have seem to be fixed.

Why a Froyo factory reset really isn't (plus, a fix for upgrade issues) | Android Central

After the reinstall, I was having some issues with LPP and Beautiful widgets. Today, they appear to have gone away.
    iamtimshady likes this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Interesting link...
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

X Informant
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    This is kinda funny this was just posted. Yesterday I did a factory reset and cleared the cache because I was having a few issues. All of my issues cleared up.

X Operative Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Prior to 2.2 OTA I was rooted and running Leaked 2.2. To get the 2.2 OTA I unrooted, flashed back to 2.1 and did a factory reset. Then immediately did the OTA update. So essentially I updated from a fresh 2.1 to a fresh 2.2 OTA. The only problems that I have read about that I still had were, the battery usage force close and the missing apps market issue. No text message problems, no lock screen problems, etc. After I got the 2.2 OTA and reinstalled my apps, I rooted and installed Beesley's Build.prop to fix the market issue. Build.prop also seems to have fixed the battery usage force close. Right now I am experiencing no problems that I can detect and am getting 1400 scores on quadrant pretty consistently.

So my point? I think that there may me some validity to the OP.

X Informant
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Does a factory reset get rid of all my files and saved settings?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had looked at the post about this technique a couple days ago. I just recently switched to 2.2 two days ago and my main issue is with the music player freezing the phone. The delete data method on the music player works for a day or so, but the problem comes back. It also came back for me right after I added more music. I just did the factory reset technique listed in this thread and it's only been 30 min or so, but the phone is noticeably quicker. The speed is noticeable just switching between homescreens and scrolling through menus for me. Formatting SD card and doing a factory reset weren't a big deal for me because I didn't have a ton of stuff on my phone. You can always backup the files on your SD card to your computer before you format it. I'll let you guys know how it goes in the next few days, so far it looks promising. I read through the entire 15 pages of that thread you linked to, and every person who tried it said it fixed their issues and the phone was quicker so Im hoping for the best.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudig View Post
    Does a factory reset get rid of all my files and saved settings?

Yes. You may be able to backup but I just did 100% clean. Another benefit I have noticed was increased battery life. Better speed, battery, stability = very happy froyo user.

3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So those of you that did the clean install have no issues with text timestamps OR forced lockscreens w/ pattern?

250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoyPat View Post
    So those of you that did the clean install have no issues with text timestamps OR forced lockscreens w/ pattern?
    I'm not sure about the lockscreen because I use just the 'slide to unlock' thing and that's it. As far as the texts goes, I dont have problems with timestamps, but I think they still show up in the wrong order. I've only gotten texts from 2 people since the clean install so Im not sure yet, but I think those two things are actual problems with the software itself and will have to be fixed by a software update. The clean install fixes the freezing and lag issues as well as the other little quirky stuff. For me, I kept getting frozen on the music app. If I turned the screen when in the music player it would freeze the phone and I'd have to pull the battery. So far I'm running much smoother and faster after the clean install. I haven't had any issues with the music player again either. It's only been a day so I will see how it goes over the next few days. However, before I did the install, I would have to pull the battery a couple times a day. If you aren't having any of those problems then you probably don't have to worry about doing this install. As far as I know, the text thing and screen lock will be the same no matter what.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The time stamp issue still exists. I agree with previous poster.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads