Please post all concerns / complaints / issues for Froyo 2.2 in here...

This is a discussion on Please post all concerns / complaints / issues for Froyo 2.2 in here... within the Froyo 2.2, News-Rumors-Wishes forums, part of the Droid X General Discussion category; Okay so apparently my problem with not being able to turn the screen lock pin off is due to my corporate email acct, i heard ...

Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Please post all concerns / complaints / issues for Froyo 2.2 in here...

X Operative
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Okay so apparently my problem with not being able to turn the screen lock pin off is due to my corporate email acct, i heard i should delete it and reinstall and it will let me turn it off, right now it says disabled by remote admin. Any vadality to this i guess this has been a problem with froyo.
    Stock Droid X2

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Has anyone noticed a lot of market apps not showing up in the market with the official OTA update? For example a bunch of the paid versions of gamevil games (zenonia paid), a few polarbit apps (armageddon squadron), slingplayer app....etc....
    anyone else seeing this?

X Operative
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by germster View Post
    everytime i go to battery manager and i touch usage statistics i get an error message saying.... Sorry! The application Setting ( process com.android.settings) has stoped unexpectedly. please try again. Force close.....Please help am i doing something wrong?
    I've got this too. If you want to PM me and we can compare apps maybe we can figure it out (I use LauncherPro for instance.) I did a reboot and that didn't fix it. The funny thing is, immediately after the update, it worked fine. So much for seeing what my battery is doing. I had bad lockscreen problems, I'm not sure if it's related, or maybe Tasker is to blame.

As for lockscreen issues, you guys just can't get your swype action back, my screen was not coming on for 30 seconds possibly because I had WidgetLocker using the "5 second rule root workaround" and then lost root with the update. I installed No Lock to disable the lockscreen, then reactivated WidgetLocker to act as the lockscreen. Unless you get WidgetLocker, it looks like there's no way around this one.

Now I'm afraid to use PIN or pattern security again, it might start acting really weird.

X Informant
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DebianDog View Post
    Yes really you don't need them unless you run Windows.

I do not have one computer in the house running AV. Been that way for 8 years now. (Edit: I take that back Windows XP on my Macs virtual machine has AV and the little buggers will still try hard to infect)

Your phone is a baby Linux box and the only way a program is gonna run on it is if you give it permission to. Even the working Trojans on Android still have to ask.
    First of all, just because your name contains part of a Linux build in it, it doesn't make you a security expert. You're clearly not one. I certainly hope you're not in the IT/IS field.

Secondly, your advice is sophomoric.

Regardless of whether or not any of the AV software for Android creates any real world protection, the idea of stating that Linux is immune, or that your Mac is either, is just idiotic. There are numerous ways to attack either system.

Do you think that somehow servers that get cracked only run Windows Server 2008, and not some form of Linux? Interesting....

The iphone and android have both experienced trojans, and the iphone trojan was even able to grant itself su access, assuming you didn't change the password when jb'ing it.

It doesn't take a genius to realize that the next major target for malware will be one of the mobile OS's, so any proactive stance on the subject is an intelligent one. Even if it's just using Lookout, so that they can get a grasp of what people are installing.

Yes, some day you WILL pay/steal your AV/FW for your smart phone, as it will be a necessity. Things such as Flash, now included in Froyo, just sweeten the pot for malware coders.

Don't spread nonsense. It's better to just not post, than confuse people with half-tales, and immature notions. I wouldn't be surprised if your boxes are infected with root kits, and you never even knew it.

/I'm waiting for you to come back with "Oh, well, I manually check for root kits using a secondary boot." or some other bs line (which is something that I actually do). I also re-format my entire computer to a fixed image about every two months.

//Paranoid, experienced, or on the inside track?
    Last edited by bladebarrier; 09-22-2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: edited verbiage
    MJC likes this.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    since the update.. the only thing annoying I really noticed was the fact that I have to unlock my phone twice.. I used the pattern before.. now I have to swype.. then do the unlock pattern... any way to get rid of the swype???

X Lurker
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

problem setting pattern lock after updating to froyo.

well after the install of froyo finished and the phone rebooted, it forced me to put in a PIN to unlock my phone. before i updated, i used the pattern lock method.

so after i keyed in a new PIN and confirmed it like it prompted me to, i went into settings/location&security/change screen lock to set it back to pattern lock and it wouldn't let me. the pattern option is not even clickable. it says "disabled by remote phone administrator" under the pattern option.

i have no clue how that was even disabled. the only logical explaination i can think of is that the update disabled it. can anyone help me get it enabled? thanks in advance!

Phone issues

Installed froyo and everything about it is awesome. Except for the fact that I can no longer make any phone calls. I'll dial, connect, but I can't hear anyone and/or (not sure because I get no reply) people can't hear me.

Anyone else having this issue and is there any fix to it?

X Informant
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos31820 View Post
    In Gmail, open an email, press menu key, select more, then pick "select text". Drag over text, when you lift your finger off the screen the selected text is copied.
    Thanks. However Im using mu POP account and my menus doesn't have those options..

I had great hopes that after this update my X would me more sophisticated but its really not. I am regretting more and more giving up my iPhone for this overbyped piece of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by sluzbenik View Post
    As for lockscreen issues, you guys just can't get your swype action back, my screen was not coming on for 30 seconds possibly because I had WidgetLocker using the "5 second rule root workaround" and then lost root with the update. I installed No Lock to disable the lockscreen, then reactivated WidgetLocker to act as the lockscreen. Unless you get WidgetLocker, it looks like there's no way around this one.

Now I'm afraid to use PIN or pattern security again, it might start acting really weird.
    Good suggestion, I'd purchased WidgetLocker before. Set Android to None, Widgetlocker is working for me now. Zero security, but it's nowhere near as annoying as always logging in twice, and I can turn haptic feedback off.

What the heck is up with this, anyway? A factory reset should have fixed any issues... right?

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I mite be the last one getting the update. But so excited downloading rite now

Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads