2.2 Must be close

This is a discussion on 2.2 Must be close within the Froyo 2.2, News-Rumors-Wishes forums, part of the Droid X General Discussion category; Originally Posted by metalmancpa I believe X's ordered now are on a two or so week delay. I would think that's because of Froyo, so ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2.2 Must be close

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
    I believe X's ordered now are on a two or so week delay. I would think that's because of Froyo, so I would think a minimum of 2 weeks before we see 2.2.
    I'm pretty sure the delay is simply a matter of supply and demand. More people want them daily than they're able to crank out.

OPTIMISTIC VIEW: Summer doesn't end until September 21st...so a "late summer" delivery is still TECHNICALLY possible (however unlikely).

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Honestly, it's not the fact that the update hasn't been released yet that pisses many folks off. It's that the dates seem to slide on any deliverables related to anything Droid, be it hardware, software or other. This makes it hard to plan and budget, and harder still to view the platform as reliable for anything other than gaming an Twittypages. This consistently inconsistent and poor start is going to leave a bad taste in the mouths of potential and current business customers. That and the poor Exchange encryption support and remote policy support are making some of us early proponents of Droid for business feel pretty stupid. As it stands, based on vendor performance, I don't see how this is helping them. I certainly hope that whatever they are putting their time and resources into (market share?) pays off, because their client-facing performance is certainly not helping.

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Not to burst bubbles, but just so everyone's on the same page, here is the official time the autumnal equinox begins: 11:09 pm EDT on September 22nd, 2010 (according to almanac.com). Can't wait to see all the posts at 11:10 pm EDT, if Froyo doesn't show up

I'm looking forward to Froyo simply for Flash, but I'm still in the boat with others that are just happy to have a Droid X. Have a great weekend everybody!

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just got my new DX yesterday and it is still loaded with 2.1! I was hoping they would have sent out a 2.2 loaded phone.....guess not.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Luv it see I was greedy and rooted.my X den proceeded to theeaked froyo n bricked my X luckily I flirted my way into gettin a brand new X under the 30 worry free and received my new in box X on 9/14 from the 9/10 shipment and didnt bother with the root or froyo and am very content

This is my X there are many like it but this one is mine...without my X I am useless....my X is useless without me..
    This is my X there are many like it but this one is mine...without my X I am useless....my X is useless without me..

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 2.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    What makes me angry is that they said early september. That didn't happen. They should at least give people an update when we can expect it. My friend ordered hers on monday online and got it yesterday...thursday.

X Informant
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ralfe1 View Post
    Not to burst bubbles, but just so everyone's on the same page, here is the official time the autumnal equinox begins: 11:09 pm EDT on September 22nd, 2010 (according to almanac.com). Can't wait to see all the posts at 11:10 pm EDT, if Froyo doesn't show up

I'm looking forward to Froyo simply for Flash, but I'm still in the boat with others that are just happy to have a Droid X. Have a great weekend everybody!
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalverny63 View Post
    Luv it see I was greedy and rooted.my X den proceeded to theeaked froyo n bricked my X luckily I flirted my way into gettin a brand new X under the 30 worry free and received my new in box X on 9/14 from the 9/10 shipment and didnt bother with the root or froyo and am very content

Really? Really!? You bricked your phone just by rooting and installing the leaked 2.2 and got a new one? Bro it takes like 20 minutes to flash your phone to a New condition and start over fresh. What a waste of a brand new device...

X Lurker
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Leaked Froyo!

Where can one find the leaked installer? All the links I've checked are dead ends.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

By the time whe have froyo.

The Droid X will have met it ( 03/31/2011 ) end of life for droidx.
    Know aint that going to be a b*&^h.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads