My X2 dials when it wants to

This is a discussion on My X2 dials when it wants to within the Droid X2 Support forums, part of the Droid X2 Forum category; Brief History - - Bought Dx Feb. 2011. Worked well w/ the exception of one of my 2 AOL email accounts in that 1 was ...

Thread: My X2 dials when it wants to

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Exclamation My X2 dials when it wants to

Brief History - - Bought Dx Feb. 2011. Worked well w/ the exception of one of my 2 AOL email accounts in that 1 was not read/showing. This is my business email & is more important during the day than my personal AOL. Every few weeks I just removed it and re-added the account & you can sure understand the frustration, but I dealt with it - until May 2012. Verizon sent Dx replacement...which was junk so they sent another Dx. This one's worse than the first so they sent an X2. This worked for 3-4 days until it rebooted like 8 times in 90 minutes while using Google maps to get to my business appointments. So I called verizon & had another X2 in 36 hours (btw, I have the $1.99/month insurance w/ Verizon - never spoke to Asurion or another company but verizon's 800 #)

Here's the deal - Over the past few weeks I've been able to make and receive a (one) call. After this call is done I typically have to make another. The X2, however, doesn't agree. I get to the standard phonebook to place a call and "nothing happens" - nothing. I've done the standard power off but sometimes it doesn't power off and I have to pull the battery. Once it reboots I can make a call and sometimes several, but then again, sometimes after making a (one) call the "nothing happens" scenario repeats. Anybody know what's up? I've been putting off calling verizon and having to go through all the bs of backing up apps, re-installing, etc on another/replacement X2 and would like to know your thoughts. Thanks

At first I could deal with this, but now it's too frequent and is driving me nuts Not rooted, see my signature below
    Last edited by Lane W; 10-04-2012 at 11:49 PM.
    Droid X2.....Eclipse .

BIG THANKS to SD_Shadow who has also helped me dig out of a hole

A BIG thank you to GoCliffGo who helped me get Eclipse on my X2

When someone shares something of value with you, from which you
    benefit, you have a moral obligation to share it with others...

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,371
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    If I remember right you are on stock 2.3.5? No root or mods?

First thing I would try would be to clear the cache for your phone. Power it off, hold volume down and then hold power. When the screen turns on release power but continue holding volume down until fastboot appears at the top of your screen. Press volume down 7 times to highlight android recovery. Press volume up to select it. At the triangle screen press volume up and volume down at the same time to enter recovery. Use your volume key to navigate to wipe cache partition and press power to select it. Then highlight reboot and select it. See if that helps anything.

I don't know why it seems you have such bad luck with phones..

Sent from my X2 using DXF

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yeah, that was you and me a few months ago about rooting. I've been happy enough with this thing and its better performance than the Dx I had for a year. I run App Cache Cleaner & Super Tools every night to clean up "All cached files" - typically like 12-16MB. What good do you think "clear the cache for your phone" would do to this not making a call problem I'm having?
    Droid X2.....Eclipse .

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,371
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Its possible. Only way to know is to try it. It won't delete anything from your phone and only takes 2 minutes max to do...

Sent from my X2 using DXF

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I've read about this all over this site but never thought I'd benefit from it. What will actually be done by doing this? How much stuff could still be there after the cleaning I mentioned I do?
    Droid X2.....Eclipse .

Remove Ads

Ads