Ok, I have searched the forums and came up empty on my particular error / issue. So I started a new thread. I try not to repost.
- Purchased phone used and in present condition. No history known, yet.
- No matter how you turn the phone on, it boots to the M logo and "Starting RSD Support Protocol" at the top of the screen in white letters.
- I tried all methods of turning it on. Pressing the power button alone. Pressing power and volume up or volume down. Pressing the Power button, volume Up & Down. etc. You get my point. Same result.
- I can not get into recovery.
- I can not boot into the OS.
- This is not my first rodeo (Google G1, Moto Droid, HTC Aria, Moto Droid X, Samsung Galaxy S2, Moto Xoom, HP TP w/ Andy) and this Moto Droid X2. I by no means am proclaiming I am an expert, but I can find my way around fairly well.
- I have used the RSD and SBF functionality in the past.
I have tried to RSD all of the SBF's (From Froyo to 2.3.5 GB) to no avail. I have read and tried suing the ezSBF, and various versions of the RSD tool from 5.3.x - 5.7. As soon as it reboots after final flashing, same screen appears as noted above.
My only thought is that maybe, since no matter which way you power on this device it goes into RSD, maybe a button is stuck so it always sees it as being powered on via the power + "stuck button."
Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks for any help in advance.
BTW, awesome forums. I have been a lurker for quite some time and have gotten some great advice/tips about my DX from this site.
More Info: Only way to power it down is to "gank" the battery. Once plugged into wall outlet, automatically powers on. Attempts to SBF flash were done with a battery with 90%+ charge. I think that covers everything.