Phone Display Broken and Uncontrolled Overheating in Phone (not battery)

This is a discussion on Phone Display Broken and Uncontrolled Overheating in Phone (not battery) within the Droid X2 Support forums, part of the Droid X2 Forum category; I left my phone in my car for about 2 hours, and it was too hot to touch on the lower left hand portion of ...

Thread: Phone Display Broken and Uncontrolled Overheating in Phone (not battery)

X Lurker
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Phone Display Broken and Uncontrolled Overheating in Phone (not battery)

I left my phone in my car for about 2 hours, and it was too hot to touch on the lower left hand portion of the phone. However, the phone still "works", but the only display portion working is the backlight. So I know that I'm getting new messages, and can feel the haptic feedback when I press the place to unlock my phone. But I can't charge it or even turn it on without it burning up again.

Running CM7 if that makes any difference, and I know there's something called SBFing...but can I even do that if i can't see anything on my phone?

I'm also leaving for the beach tomorrow so time is a big factor in trying to fix this. Thanks for your advice!

EDIT: It's not the battery, plugging my phone into the wall with the battery not attached still causes it to overheat.
    Last edited by TacticalJabr0n; 06-15-2012 at 03:43 PM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 43.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJabr0n View Post
    I left my phone in my car for about 2 hours, and it was too hot to touch on the lower left hand portion of the phone. However, the phone still "works", but the only display portion working is the backlight. So I know that I'm getting new messages, and can feel the haptic feedback when I press the place to unlock my phone. But I can't charge it or even turn it on without it burning up again.

Running CM7 if that makes any difference, and I know there's something called SBFing...but can I even do that if i can't see anything on my phone?

I'm also leaving for the beach tomorrow so time is a big factor in trying to fix this. Thanks for your advice!

EDIT: It's not the battery, plugging my phone into the wall with the battery not attached still causes it to overheat.
    Honestly sounds like your hardware is burning out, which is a bigger issue you won't be able to do in a day.

However you can SBF it without having the screen on, just turn it off and boot it into the bootloader. If you've never SBF'd I'd check the thread linked below. Although TBH like I said it sounds like more of a hardware failure which won't be fixed by an SBF. That being said, there is probably no harm in attempting an SBF.

SBF Info:
    [GUIDE] How to SBF an X2

X Lurker
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks...I've noticed on google that the X2 does have problems with overheating, so do you think it is because of the phone itself or cyanogenmod?

Remove Ads

Ads