CyanogenMod 10.0.0-RC0 For the Droid X2
An Android 4.1.2 Jellybean Experience
- Pop-up Text Message Notifications
- Lockscreen Customization
- Status Bar/Pulldown Customization
- Homescreen/Drawer Customization
- Hard Button Key Remapping
- Quiet Hours
- And ALL the Jellybean Featues: Google Now, Smarter Keyboard, Notifications Overhaul, and much much more!
New to Alpha 3:
- Bluetooth (see known issues)
- Google Now
- Audio System! (This was the biggest thing keeping me from releasing CM10.)
- Camera..... ish (See known issues)
- Maps (You won't end up in a lake in Norway on your trip to the movie theater)
- Not much: that's about it. Few added features that were added from October until January, but not much has really changed.
- Wifi: Should be fixed from A2.9
- Minor CM Enhancements.
- Recovery: Recovery has been fixed since Alpha 2, but flashing ROMs doesn't work. Restoring nandroids will work fine however.
- Bluesleep/Deep Sleep: at it's current state, Alpha 2 doesn't have the bluesleep fix in it. This is because when it is enabled the proximity sensor doesn't turn the screen back on when it's supposed to also causing the phone call to kill audio. This problem can also occur by toggling bluetooth ("fixing the bluesleep"). The only known work around is to press the home button and swipe your finger across the sensor. Thanks to 32BitWhore for the help.
- Stability: While not exactly an issue as CM10 is INCREDIBLY more stable than CM9, that doesn't mean that it's 100% yet. As of now, I've only had the broswer crash twice and the notification drawer flicker once. Your milage will vary.
- Camera: At it's current state, the camcorder will not work like in CM9. I can't really do much about that for the moment or at all.
- Some ICS/JB Apps Will Crash: This is noticeable on Chrome for example. This is because our drivers don't have External OES Textures. Basically that means when the apps want to draw using them (such as with Chrome's tab preview) the app will crash. This is the same problem on CM9/ICS. There is nothing we can do.
- Data usage: Just don't ask me. I might get to it again one day. We'll see.
This can be installed over CM7/CM9 or BLUR but you MUST wipe data and cache if from CM7/BLUR. (CM9 should work w/o wipe, but it's untested).
Instructions for BSR Recovery
- READ THE ENTIRE POST
- Download the links provided below and put it on the External SD Card
- Install the BSR (patched if on an AOSP based ROM, unpatched if on BLUR)
- Reboot into the BSR
- Install the CM10 zip from the SD Card
- Install the GAPPS from the SD Card
- MILESTONE X2 USERS ONLY: Install the WiFi patch from the SD Card
- Wipe both DATA and CACHE if coming from BLUR or CM7 (no need to wipe Dalvik if you wipe both of these)
- Reboot your phone
- Enjoy a better phone experience
-You need to use the hijack-boot.zip from alpha one before you install the cm7 patched BSR in order for it to work. Instructions for that can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1519
Also, if you would like (but not needed) to donate, see the donate button by my name. Gas/food money goes a long way
I am not responsible for what you do to your phone. Flash at your own risk.
REQUIRED Google Apps (GAPPS): http://goo-inside.me/gapps. Download the latest Jellybean version (for 4.1.x) of them for here and check the MD5 sums from there also.
MUST SBF IF COMING FROM A1.
CyanogenMod 10-20130113-Daytona Alpha 3: http://d-h.st/82g
Milestone X2 WiFi Patch (for all versions of 10): http://d-h.st/Pdy
New CM10 Features added since October
Update to 4.1.2
Fix rebooting problem with SD Card apps
Fixed internal/external swapping
Performance updates via libc enhancements
Some others, it's been a while
CyanogenMod 10-20121028-Daytona Alpha 2.99999999: http://d-h.st/QcA
Fix SD Card apps
Fixed camera app
Added Advanced Settings (only HWA working)
New WIFI Module (DX2 only)
mediaserver (apparently) fixed
CyanogenMod 10-20121007-Daytona Alpha 2: http://d-h.st/9J6
First Public Release
Download: CyanogenMod 10-20120928-Daytona Alpha1: http://d-h.st/7y5
** DXF is not responsible for what you do with your device **
Edit: 17 March 2014 by sd_shadow - fixed gapps link