Eclipse

This is a discussion on Eclipse within the Droid X2 ROMS forums, part of the Droid X2 Hacks category; I put Eclipse on my X2 the other day and it has been draining my battery like crazy. I love the difference in my phone, ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eclipse

X Lurker
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Eclipse

I put Eclipse on my X2 the other day and it has been draining my battery like crazy. I love the difference in my phone, but not loving the battery issue. Any tips on how to slow down the battery drainage?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points7 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    i'm running ti as well and i have a great batt life.

download the battery calibaration app in the market, follow the instructions that it givesm and check back with us and let us know how it went, if that does not fix it... do a full wipe of data/cache/dalvik and reinstall your rom.

NASTIEST CREW. KEEPIN IT 100

X Lurker
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Seconding the battery calibration. Do that and start rebooting your phone each morning right after you unplug it. Trust me.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Reboot after unplugging? Is that what I am going to have to do to have good battery life on the X2?

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 2.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri407 View Post
    Reboot after unplugging? Is that what I am going to have to do to have good battery life on the X2?
    A calibration should be enough. Usually done only after installing a new rom

X Lurker
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Some people have noticed considerably better battery life (myself included) by doing this. Some bug causes the system to hang and eats up battery after charging.

X Informant
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick1300 View Post
    Some people have noticed considerably better battery life (myself included) by doing this. Some bug causes the system to hang and eats up battery after charging.
    There really is something to this, the other day I ran the Battery Calibration. A few days after I woke up around 3 am found my phone fully charged and disconnected the charger without rebooting and just let the phone sit there - I use Juice Defender to turn off data when not in use. When I turned the phone on at 7 am it was down to 70% - 30% drop in 4 hours with absolutely no usage. I have since began doing a reboot after unplugging from the charger and now average easily over 20 hours with moderate usage - just today I disconnected the charger at 5:30am, rebooted, and for 4 hours have used the phone as normal and have only lost 8% of the battery...Give it a try, you have nothing to lose

X Lurker
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick1300 View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks this is BS that you have to do this to have a Droid X 2? Coming from the Droid X (not by choice) and to find that you have to reboot after charging just seems crazy. I pray someone fixes this soon.

X Informant
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Am I the only one that thinks this is BS that you have to do this to have a Droid X 2? Coming from the Droid X (not by choice) and to find that you have to reboot after charging just seems crazy. I pray someone fixes this soon.
    No you are not the only one, I totally agree; but the facts are I am stuck with this phone (at least for now) and Motorola will take months to fix it along with the many other annoying issues...you also shouldn't have to root your phone to remove the garbage they add in...someone (probably not Motorola) will find a fix for it sooner or later so, so for now I find what works for me and keep rolling - hitting reboot on the phone when I disconnect the charger really is the least of the problems I have found with the X2.

Edit: I have gone through my autostarts and noticed Global Unplug starting when power is connected (I had it frozen, but did not seem to matter) I just removed it and I am charging to 100% now and going to test - I have noticed a few times unplugging the charger without actually unlocking the screen the "Charging" or "Fully Charged" message would continue on the screen even with the power disconnected. I will report back what I find with my phone.
    Last edited by jvan1474; 08-24-2011 at 12:28 PM.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I too had battery issues with this rom, but went back to p3's prerooted and my battery is great. I just cant seem to theme it at all or I end up in boot loops but my battery is great and Id never keep a rom taht requires a daily reboot thats just crazy to even suggest.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads