problem with installing Atrix

This is a discussion on problem with installing Atrix within the Droid X2 Hacks forums, part of the Droid X2 Forum category; I have rooted my phone and went to download the atrix files. I did download the right files atrix, 0.1 and 0.1-0.2 and 0.2-0.3. After ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: problem with installing Atrix

X Lurker
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

problem with installing Atrix

I have rooted my phone and went to download the atrix files. I did download the right files atrix, 0.1 and 0.1-0.2 and 0.2-0.3. After downloading I open the files using Winrar and it showed me 3 folders (data, META-INF, system).So I connected my phone to PC and copy and pasted these files to my internal SD under download section. Then I went to recovery mode and I wiped data,cache, then went to my download folders and I didnt see any nameless-series_stock file. I just see the exact same file I copy and pasted from my PC which is data, META-INF, system. Was there some special way I had to get these Atrix files to my phone to flash ROM?? Im a noob at this. Please help

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 2.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    You'll want to copy the entire .zip file to your sd card. Then run recovery, install .zip from sdcard, navigate to the .zip and install. Then do the same for the patches

Agent X
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Adding a little just incase, you won't be able to flash the rom in stock recovery - the one that is native on the phone. You will need the custom recovery, if you don't already have it. If you search the forums, you will find the X2 bootstrap (the custom recovery). Once you have it installed, plug your phone in and run the app and select "install recovery." Then after it gives you the success popup, select "recovery mode." And you should be able to flash it from there. When you do flash it, do it all over again (it has the custom recovery built into the rom so you won't have to reinstall the app.) Because when you factory reset, you will loose the recovery mode. But when you install the revovery mode and select recogery mode again with your phone plugged in, select the option to reboot. And after that, as long as you don't select battery mode or do a data wipe, you will be able to boot into bootsrap whenever you have the phone plugged into the charger.

Flashing a rom is as simple as what the above poster said. You don't need WinRAR or anything. Nor will you have to do anything else other than to select install zip from bootstrap. :-)

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

Are we really Free? How "Free" do you think we are when we are not allowed to do anything without potentially being in violation of *something. *
    Chiknhawk likes this.
    "King Of The 'Self-Edit'"

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OK, so I figured out what I was doing wrong. Rather than leaving the .zip as is before putting it in SD card, I unzipped it before putting it in the SD card. Now my next question is, while I am installing the 3 files from system recovery, what do I do after installing the first file? Do I reboot the phone and let it restart, then open recovery again and than I install second file then restart?? Or do I just install all 3 then reboot?? And one more question is before I install first file, I should clear cache and Davlik cache, but what about system data?? Do I clear system data too before I start installing the first Atrix file??

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I'm not 100% sure if it matters, but for safety reasons, you could just install atrix, restart, enter recovery, install patch, restart, enter recovery, install patch. That's how I'd handle it.

You want to clear all three, cache, Dalvik, and system data.
    Last edited by victimssun; 09-21-2011 at 07:25 AM.
    Chiknhawk likes this.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiknhawk View Post
    OK, so I figured out what I was doing wrong. Rather than leaving the .zip as is before putting it in SD card, I unzipped it before putting it in the SD card. Now my next question is, while I am installing the 3 files from system recovery, what do I do after installing the first file? Do I reboot the phone and let it restart, then open recovery again and than I install second file then restart?? Or do I just install all 3 then reboot?? And one more question is before I install first file, I should clear cache and Davlik cache, but what about system data?? Do I clear system data too before I start installing the first Atrix file??
    Shouldn't have to reboot at all between zip installs. As long as you clear your dalvik cache, cache patitions and clear data before flashing your first zip, you should be fine. I flashed .1 then .1-.2 then ..2-.3. Without a hitch. I also downloaded the full .2 and flashed .2-.3 without a hitch too. But like I said, be sure to clear dalvik and the other cache partition, and clear data in bootstrap first.

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain
    Chiknhawk likes this.

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    I'd listen to him ^ . haha, I just installed .2. Then a couple days later realized there was .2 > .3.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks guys for the quick responce. I have just installed it, and will see how it handles next few days.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Sweet! Good to hear. Just to letcha in on a little secret too, give it a couple or a few days to "break in" or "settle." And then see how its going. ROM's usually have a breakin period - like when you buy a new car or new shoes/boots.

Chiknhawk likes this.

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    Sweet! Good to hear. Just to letcha in on a little secret too, give it a couple or a few days to "break in" or "settle." And then see how its going. ROM's usually have a breakin period - like when you buy a new car or new shoes/boots.
    Seee.. this is helpful. This was my first rom. I flashed it, flashed back to my backup, then immediately went back again thinking I should give it a second chance (all within an hour). I had a phone identity crisis. But now, I've got it all setup just right, loving it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads