Fastboot drivers (executable) for X2

This is a discussion on Fastboot drivers (executable) for X2 within the Droid X2 Hacks forums, part of the Droid X2 Forum category; Found this on XDA. It's a fastboot executable for the Droid X2. Just waiting on a little Dev work now fastboot.zip...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fastboot drivers (executable) for X2

Agent X
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times

Fastboot drivers (executable) for X2

Found this on XDA. It's a fastboot executable for the Droid X2. Just waiting on a little Dev work now

fastboot.zip
    I have done a lot of write up's....here's a link to some. If you would like help with your phone simply ask, PM me, or drop me an email and I will assist where I can.
    List of phones I can help with: Droid, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid 3, Droid Bionic.
    If you don't get response here try me on DroidForums, XDA, or Rootzwiki under the same name

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    How do you use this?

sent from my droidx2 rooted and supercharged!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Its usually used to unlock phones or flash different filesystem how it is used on the x2 I haven't a clue

I haz interwebz

If you think you have bricked your phone... do this.... stop look around say a few curse words then take a deep breath because you haven't we can fix this haha

Agent X
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    I think this needs some clarification. Please correct me if I am wrong but Fastboot is typically used to unlock your device so to speak. Used also for flashing stock images back onto devices....correct? Difference between ISO SBF methods, RSD methods and Fastboot however is that Fastboot requires specific boot loader or recovery rather than Clockwork or whatever comes to the X2.

Am I wrong here?

I don't think that this is really useful for most the members on this site.....this is more useful to dev's at this time which is what I was thinking when I posted it.

But I have to ask.....am I confused on what this is used for and most useful for right now?
    I have done a lot of write up's....here's a link to some. If you would like help with your phone simply ask, PM me, or drop me an email and I will assist where I can.
    List of phones I can help with: Droid, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid 3, Droid Bionic.
    If you don't get response here try me on DroidForums, XDA, or Rootzwiki under the same name

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    yeah, clockwork is just a custom recovery, replaces your stock recovery which allows you to apply custom roms and other tweaks/mods

fastboot will erase partitions and enable you to reflash those partitions

fastboot oem unlock will unlock your bootloader (but you have to have access to the bootloader to unlock it. we- x, x2 do not have access)

this is most likely due to motorola allowing the unlocking of bootloaders in things like the atrix and xoom and seeing as how those devices were probably developed at the same time is why its listed in the x2 much like how you find references in the x to lte networks in the gingerbread update and the x isnt lte capable. they just use the same code/design map for all of the devices that will recieve the update/software at around the same time frame. just because they are there or show up doesnt mean they will work though

If you think you have bricked your phone... do this.... stop look around say a few curse words then take a deep breath because you haven't we can fix this haha

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Here was my understanding.

"Fastboot is protocol used to update the flash filesystem in Android devices from a host over USB. It allows flashing of unsigned partition images"

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    yeah same thing that has been said now for the past three posts

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Gotta keep saying it over and over so it sinks it

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It's my understanding that Koush was able to hack his Xoom because it had fastboot. If that's the case, then what's the holdup with the X2 given it's the same processor and it has fastboot?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Quote Originally Posted by naviathan View Post
    It's my understanding that Koush was able to hack his Xoom because it had fastboot. If that's the case, then what's the holdup with the X2 given it's the same processor and it has fastboot?

xoom is out of the box unlockable bootloader. its a "development" type device

x2 has a locked and/or encypted bootloader.. big difference

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads