boot into stock recovery

This is a discussion on boot into stock recovery within the Droid X2 Hacks forums, part of the Droid X2 Forum category; firefighterguy did this but it took forever for me to find so i started a thread. But I did figure out how to boot into ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: boot into stock recovery

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

boot into stock recovery

firefighterguy did this but it took forever for me to find so i started a thread.

But I did figure out how to boot into stock recovery the very first day I had it (20 May) and I posted it on Moto' support forums.

But here is a shortened version:

•Power down
    •Power up holding the power button and the down arrow at the same time and keep holding. You will see it say something to the effect of "Fast Boot." Now you can release.
    •Press the down arrow until you get to "Launch (or boot) into Android Recovery" or something to that effect. (Roughly about 7 presses).
    •Press BOTH the up and down arrow simultaneously. It will load the next window we all know.
    •Now press the up AND down arrows again. Now it will put you into the menu screen.
    •Up and down arrows are still used to scroll. Your power button is your "enter" or "select" key.

I also found something interesting out. If you power on pressing the up arrow and power button simultaneously, it gives you RSD tools or something like that!

I haven't looked to see what all is there to select from on the RSD thing or the other things going to recovery. But if someone beats me to it, by al means, hit us up and share it. We are all on the same team here. Hahahahaha
    Last edited by firefighterguy; 05-25-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    john58543 and jaguarxt like this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 2.5%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    I noticed your thread. Thank you! (The more people who know about this, the better. And the more potential it has finding it's way into a dev's hands. Who can then hopefully unlock all it's secrests and goodies. I have a feeling it could be huge. Hopefully the proverbial golden egg we are all wanting... ) .

Is it ok if I post the link to the one you were looking for? Maybe we can speculate all we want here and beat a dead horse all we want. And have the link over there for when/if Wugs, Snow and all the other brainiacs find more out?

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain
    Last edited by firefighterguy; 06-02-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    "King Of The 'Self-Edit'"

Thanks for sharing, how did you figure this out? Just trial and error?

Agent X
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Yes and no. I got my X2 and excitedly pulled my extended battery out of my X1. Put it and my 32GB sdcard in my new X2. Powered on, TRIED to activate. The button kept sounding off over and over again like I was hitting the button to piss someone off on the other end. The activation was unsuccessful. So then I pulled the battery and tried again. Same issue.

When I tried the second time it automatically connected me to VZW. The rep could hear it too and we both wer like, "WTF?!?!" She manually set my phone's info on her end. I thanked her and hung up, pulled the battery again and this time it activated.

Then my phone was sluggish. I was about to go "Droid Golfing." But I took a deep breath, drank a shot or four of my favorite whisky, chased it with a beer or six. Then went back to figuring out how the hell to do this.

I tried a hard reset. The one in settings is ok. But the one in recovery is better (I think). So then I just let my Scottish heritage come to play and I was stuborn and relentless. Determined to figure out how to load Stock Recovery.

So I had a few shots of my favorite whisky again, chased it with another shot, then chased that with some more beer. Then it was time to go back to work and figure this crap out.

After about a few reboots trying different button combonations (about 10-15 minutes worth) I got close. I saw the RSD. Then after a couple more reboots I figured out the rest. Then I had more whisky and beer to celebrate.

Speaking of which, I'll be right back. I'm thirsty...

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain
    Last edited by firefighterguy; 06-02-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    john58543 and jaguarxt like this.

I also heard you can use Quick Boot to boot DX2 into recovery mode...FYI

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

X Informant
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ^^^^ what he said it works too

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    For people who aren't rooted, though, thats how to boot to Stock Recovery.

I have quickboot. And with my X1, it wouldn't boot into recovery or bootloader. Only power off and reboot worked. So, that being said, I haven't tried or probably won't try quickboot (personally). But if it works for you, that's awsome.

With our X1's, we could get to Stock Recovery by pressing Power and Home at the same time. This rascal won't do it that way. And I had to figure out how it works on this X2. And now, I hope it will give Dev's a good starting point into lots of goodies. And if this bootloader it still locked, than a good starting point for either a bootstraper, or even figuring outhow to unlock it.

Last edited by firefighterguy; 06-02-2011 at 09:56 AM.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Good..... I really hope we can get some developer support on this thing, cause im really missing my DX1 right now...... Regardless of what linpack and quadrant say, im noticeably slower now than when I had my DX1..... I may just sell this thing and get something else.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    I haven't noticed anything slower than my X1 (yet) . But I have a theory that as soon as the devs start dissecting this, that we might be able to tweak our RAM around a little more custom to the user. And if that happens, this will blow the DX1 completely out of the water (despite having only 512MB RAM). But, again, that is only theory. Hopeful theory. Lol

The problem with this phone is how it allocates RAM, there are a lot of devices out there with 512MB RAM that work fine...for some reason this device seems to always be low on RAM. Its like some of the RAM is just locked up and unavailable...

I took my device back to Verizon and swapped it out with an iPhone and gave it to my wife (since there are no other Android devices on Verizon right now that attract me) and I'm back on my Eris!!! Least there's a ton of dev support on that little guy...maybe I'll come back to the DX2 in August when my wife's upgrade is available...we shall see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads