My summer project (was intended to be a weekend at most).

This is a discussion on My summer project (was intended to be a weekend at most). within the Droid X2 General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X2 Forum category; Hello, I'm delighted (and surprised) to find a functioning and active forum for a device that's 7 years old. I'm delving into making my X2 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PrairieDroid

Thread: My summer project (was intended to be a weekend at most).

My summer project (was intended to be a weekend at most).

Hello,
    I'm delighted (and surprised) to find a functioning and active forum for a device that's 7 years old. I'm delving into making my X2 functional on wifi after it sat unused for 3 years. It's currently running ver 2.3.5 1.3.418 I've so far succeeded in achieving superuser (v3.0.7) and installed the bootstrap.apk (and created backup on micro sd).
    This is where I'm stuck. The Su binary won't update from v3.0.3.2, giving msg "Failed to download manifest. Check internet connection". The wifi connection is fine and cell is not an option (phone was blacklisted by Verizon 3 years ago).
    My initial goal was to install the highest android ver the X2 will support, and use chrome for all my needs over wifi. If, in the endeavor, I become android competent...all the better.
    I will post further questions in the appropriate forum (X2 hacks), but I wanted to give a general overview and again express my appreciation for the support I've seen others receive here as I've attempted to seek knowledge from their posts.
    munnaali likes this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Remove Ads

Ads