Droid X replaced with a Droid X2 ?

This is a discussion on Droid X replaced with a Droid X2 ? within the Droid X2 General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X2 Forum category; New to "this area" of Dx Forum. This is a Droid X2 inquiry, even though the first portion mentions a Droid X. Got a Droid ...

Thread: Droid X replaced with a Droid X2 ?

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Droid X replaced with a Droid X2 ?

New to "this area" of Dx Forum. This is a Droid X2 inquiry, even though the first portion mentions a Droid X.

Got a Droid X March 2011. Problems repeated beginning in May/June 2011 where my Dx could get AOL emails to my "Master" account, but for my business AOL address I added (in AOL you can have 5 screen names under the "umbrella" of the "Master name") I kept getting "Authentication error, invalid". So I had to remove the "invalid" email and then re-add it to Accounts.

Every 5-6 weeks I kept having to remove and re-add the AOL address and I've gotten fed up with it. So I called Vzw last week and they offered to send me a replacement Dx. Worked ok for a day (6/12/12) and starting 6/13 it began rebooting whenever it wanted (in use, not in use, on phone, using Google navigation, etc) & today it (the replacement Dx) rebooted 7 times between noon and 3:00 pm. Didn't help when I was following google maps to sales appointments in an unknown territory. It also charged only when it felt like it.

So I called Vzw at 5:30 and explained to the Tech guy this is unacceptable. He reviewed my history and said "it's something internal and to solve this for you I'd like to send you a Droid X2. It's complete with owner's manual, new battery and charge cord. It will be out tonight and you'll have it Tuesday." All the Dx replacement had was a phone - nothing else, not even a battery or door.

As far as I can tell by the research I've done tonight, the only difference is the increase in pixels & the dual core processor on X2. Is there anything else noticeably different between these two models? Anything to avoid? The X2 (per the specs at Motorola.com) is running Froyo 2.2. I've seen here in Dx forum that the X2 got GB 2.3.4 late last year and I also saw to avoid the update to build # 1.3.418 released 3/14/12. Based on my "new" X2 running Froyo 2.2 when I get it Tuesday, how can I get the GB 2.3.4 update and avoid the 1.3.418? Is this possible? I had GB on my Dx for a year and was happy with it and I don't want the 1.3.418 and all it's BS bloatware and root limitations. Was never rooted on the Dx but this dual core processor & its speed may entice me to root the X2 (after I've had it a few weeks to make sure it's not some other piece of junk like the Dx replacement they sent me.

Sorry this got a little long and I look forward to any replies. Thanks in advance.

edit - are there apps that ran on my old Dx (.596 & .602) that I loaded on the replacement Dx (.621) that can/will not load/run on the stock X2 running whateverthehell system version's on it?
    Last edited by Lane W; 06-16-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    Droid X2.....Eclipse .

BIG THANKS to SD_Shadow who has also helped me dig out of a hole

A BIG thank you to GoCliffGo who helped me get Eclipse on my X2

When someone shares something of value with you, from which you
    benefit, you have a moral obligation to share it with others...

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,371
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Your x2 will most likely come with the 2.3.5 build 418 installed. This is possible to root now by sbfing down to 2.3.4 rooting it and then using voodoo rootkeper to back up the root and then updating to 2.3.5. I know that may sound confusing but there is a guide listed in the dx2 support forum. I was new to this a few weeks ago but follow the guide and it is simple. Unless you install a rom on 2.3.4 it will most likely keep bugging you to upgrade to 2.3.5. If that doesn't make sense just follow the guide on sbfing and then rooting. If you get stuck anywhere during the process there are plenty of nice people around here who will help you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 91.6%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    288 times
    no camera button on x2
    hdmi shows everything thats on screen

read my how to root 1.3.418
    unless you want cm7 or cm9, they are based on 2.3.4 still

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

X Operative
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 5.9%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Not to be picky but the x2 has a dual core. Not a quad

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Remove Ads

Ads