Bionic Based Wallpaper for Stock .605 Installs

This is a discussion on Bionic Based Wallpaper for Stock .605 Installs within the Droid X Wallpapers forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; Up until very recently I had been using Jrummy's Justice rom, however with the release of .605 based roms, and due to the camera issues ...

Thread: Bionic Based Wallpaper for Stock .605 Installs

X Lurker
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Bionic Based Wallpaper for Stock .605 Installs

Up until very recently I had been using Jrummy's Justice rom, however with the release of .605 based roms, and due to the camera issues that are inherent to CM7 based releases, I decided to move on to something else. I tried ICX but had some stability issues (which I attribute to the fact that it is still in the early stages of development), and so eventually I decided to just stick with a rooted deodexed version of the stock DroidX .605 rom.

So far this decision seems to be the correct one, and I think it should last me a while till some of the community .605 based roms reach a greater level maturity. I have been extremely happy with my phone's look and performance minus one thing... I absolutely despise the stupid white gradient that Motorola places at the bottom of the screen; as it makes it really difficult to find wallpapers that I like that blend in well with this graphical nuance. As I have been unable to figure out how to replace the image itself, I decided to modify the wallpaper that I originally wanted to use so that it more cleanly adheres to Motorola's chosen stock theme aesthetic.

The images below are examples of this work, and I have provided links to the wallpapers themselves in the event that anyone else finds them interesting:

I do realize that these are not perfect, and as with anything I do they are works in progress, but I wanted to go ahead and share them in case Motorola's design decision with that gradient was driving anyone else crazy.

In the event anyone feels like working with this image any on their own: here is the PSD (photoshop format) file that these wallpapers were created from. (I did label the layers in such a way that you should be able to fairly easily work out how they affect the overall composition.)

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thank you SO much! this is wonderful.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hope you don't mind. I was having issues trying to figure out how to size an image and get it to not blow up, so i pretty much used your template, removed the center image and replaced it with one i found on the interweb. it's not exactly like i would have liked it, but it'll work until someone else can come up with something better:

Remove Ads

Ads