[HOW-TO] Manually deodex your phone.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHATEVER HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE!
You must be rooted!
This is a guide on manually deodexing, you phone. (Duh!)
The reason I am making this tutorial is because I could not get my theme to work with Teenfaces deodexed nandroid. You may want to follows this if you have the same problem as me, or if you just want to take a shot at doing it.
What you'll need:
A Windows based machine
- Unzip xUltimate v2.2, and launch "Main.exe"
- If everything goes well xUlt should recognize the phone and make a connection. You now should see a list of options.
- Run option 1. After option 1 is done, run option 2.
- Now these well take a while. Run option 3.
- IMPORTANT: After you have run option 3, you MUST navigate to the xUltimate folder and find "origi_frame" folder, and delete "guava.odex". It's a bad file, and interferes with deodexing process.
- Now run option 4, and wait.
- Exit xUltimate, and put the phone in USB mass storage.
- Go back into the xUltimate folder and copy "done_frame", and "done_app", and move them to the root of the sdcard.
- Open a command prompt, and do the following:
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/done_app/* /system/app/
cp /sdcard/done_frame/* /system/framework/
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
Your phone should now be deodexed!
You may notice an increase in speed, and you now have the ability to edit certain files with greater effects. (i.e. services.jar)
Rainabba and Mike919: For initially working with me to get a white clock, and later deodex.
toxman: For testing, and being a huge risk taker.
teenfaces: For letting me use his services.jar
And especially Xeudoxus: For letting me a guinea pig, for xUltimate, and answering my questions. And also for the making the xUltimate tool. It defiantly makes thing easier.
Last edited by Webst3r; 08-25-2010 at 06:59 PM.
08-24-2010 08:37 AM
Droid X Forums
Thanks Webst3r, this worked perfectly. I appreciate the write up.
Beesley on IRC
Are always appreciated for the build.prop work on Rom Manager. Thanks everyone. Viva La Android
Not that it is too important or anything due to my phone running as smooth as a hot knife through butter, but have you noticed any increase of performance?
Originally Posted by Beesley
-- Rooted Droid X --
- Core i7 920 @ 4.1Ghz
- EVGA Classified 760
- 2 x EVGA GTX 480s in SLI
- 6GB G.Skill 2GHz CAS 8 RAM
- Thermaltake 1200W PSU
- BD-RW Drive
VERY helpful! Thanks so much!
question it keeps saying my adb is out of date kills it then starts deamon...after going through the steps how do I get my adb to run so I can put in the command prompts???/
Are some errors finding some class paths normal? I get a few of these, see error with green/yellow text.
Update: actually I got a bigger problem/error: See pic with red text.
Options 1 and 2 were without error.
I am running this on Win 7, 64-bit if it matters.
Last edited by rolandct; 08-24-2010 at 05:50 PM.
For the sake of us noobs, could you explain what de-odexing is and the pros/cons? Thanks in advance.
this worked awesome! I now have a white clock on my black status bar! (Froyo 2.2 Dark Gray StatusBar - xda-developers) Thanks again!
Originally Posted by rolandct
I got that too the first time. Just re-did it all and it worked like a charm!
Last edited by jdenman03; 08-24-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Reason: put in quote