I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHATEVER HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE!
You must be rooted!
This is a guide on manually deodexing, you phone. (Duh!)
The reason I am making this tutorial is because I could not get my theme to work with Teenfaces deodexed nandroid. You may want to follows this if you have the same problem as me, or if you just want to take a shot at doing it.
What you'll need:
A Windows based machine
- Unzip xUltimate v2.2, and launch "Main.exe"
- If everything goes well xUlt should recognize the phone and make a connection. You now should see a list of options.
- Run option 1. After option 1 is done, run option 2.
- Now these well take a while. Run option 3.
- IMPORTANT: After you have run option 3, you MUST navigate to the xUltimate folder and find "origi_frame" folder, and delete "guava.odex". It's a bad file, and interferes with deodexing process.
- Now run option 4, and wait.
- Exit xUltimate, and put the phone in USB mass storage.
- Go back into the xUltimate folder and copy "done_frame", and "done_app", and move them to the root of the sdcard.
- Open a command prompt, and do the following:Code:adb shell su stop mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system cp /sdcard/done_app/* /system/app/ cp /sdcard/done_frame/* /system/framework/ rm /system/app/*.odex rm /system/framework/*.odex mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system reboot
Your phone should now be deodexed!
You may notice an increase in speed, and you now have the ability to edit certain files with greater effects. (i.e. services.jar)
Rainabba and Mike919: For initially working with me to get a white clock, and later deodex.
toxman: For testing, and being a huge risk taker.
teenfaces: For letting me use his services.jar
And especially Xeudoxus: For letting me a guinea pig, for xUltimate, and answering my questions. And also for the making the xUltimate tool. It defiantly makes thing easier.