[THEME] ICSish for VorteX RC1

This is a discussion on [THEME] ICSish for VorteX RC1 within the Droid X Themes forums, part of the Droid X Development category; ICSish for VorteX RC1 ICS theme for Vortex RC1. Alot of stock ICS icons, some ICS style animations, Customized dialer, and a bunch of other ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [THEME] ICSish for VorteX RC1

X Lurker
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

[THEME] ICSish for VorteX RC1 V4.0 posted

ICSish for VorteX RC1

ICS theme for Vortex RC1. Alot of stock ICS icons, some ICS style animations, Customized dialer, and a bunch of other stuff. I included Droidjunks tools for easy moding of some colors. 1% battery icons and ICS boot animation( If you dont want the boot animation you can delete it out of the zip).

INSTALL Instructions
    I recommend installing my theme on a fresh copy of VorteX. You can do this by reinstalling VorteX RC1 with NO DATA wipes, just cache and Dalvik cache wipes.

You can proceed to flash my theme after first flashing VorteX RC1. The First boot after flashing might take a few minutes and may boot loop 2 or 3 times. But if after the initial vibrate it doesn't start within a few minutes do a battery pull and it will start up the second time.

After Install

Droidjunk tools will not be configured. If you want a blue clock or whichever color you would like run DroidJunk Tools. I have set the ICS blue as the default color all you need to do is apply it. Droidjunk tools will be in your app drawer.

To complete the ICS look there is some free GO launcher themes on the market this is one of them I use https://market.andro...GVtZS5pY3MiXQ..

or there is a good write up on how to make Launcher PRO look like ICS on XDA here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1306594

You may also want to reapply the Powerboost unthrottle if you use it.

ERI/Carrier text is removed you may add it back thru Vortex toolbox if you would like.

There are two versions of the Calculator white and blue text. White is included in the main download. Download the blue text one below

Warning!!! Do not use VorteX toolbox to change the battery icon it will mess up part of my theme. There is no way around this because of how the toolbox applies the icons.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________

Main Downloads - I nor DroidXforums is responsible if you mess up your phone.
    http://db.tt/fyfoaKsl Updated to V4.0 FINAL of the theme. Updated 3-8-12 - I recommend wiping caches before install.

http://dl.dropbox.co...20-Calcblue.zip Blue Calc download

http://dl.dropbox.co...%20Keyboard.zip TRUE ICS keyboard. This will replace the stock MOTO keyboard. Just flash this like normal.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

Update 3-8-12 V4.0
    Lots of fixes
    Most system pop-ups should no longer have black text
    Made pop-ups lighter in color for ones that do have darker text
    fix lots of image bugs
    and MORE!!
    This will most likely be the final version of this theme unless there are any major bugs.

ENJOY your ICS'd VorteX rom

Blue text

Please leave me any comments or suggestions. There might be some colors that are wrong let me know if you find any I will try and fix them.

Thanks to- DevVorteX, DroidJunk, Wulf , Serx7 and anybody else I might of missed.
    Last edited by alfadon; 03-08-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    popcenator and HarleyDude like this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 1.7%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Flashed this theme last night and its already my absolute favorite theme ever! Fantastic work!

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnhamm532 View Post
    Flashed this theme last night and its already my absolute favorite theme ever! Fantastic work!
    Thanks so much. Glad you like it.

X Informant
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hello again alfadon

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Nice looking theme you have here!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you think you have bricked your phone... do this.... stop look around say a few curse words then take a deep breath because you haven't we can fix this haha

X Lurker
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So if I just went into recovery and wipe cach and dalvik cache would that be equivalent to re installing the Rom?

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidd_23 View Post
    So if I just went into recovery and wipe cach and dalvik cache would that be equivalent to re installing the Rom?
    If you haven't installed any previous themes you can just flash this theme with wiping the caches. If you have flashed another theme before, I recommend reflashing VorteX to get rid of the old theme. This is just so you dont have any old remnants of the old theme that could cause problems. There shouldnt be since most of the main files that could cause problems are replaced, but its just in case.

X Operative
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    This theme is by far my all time favorite. Can't get enough ics. Even have the thumb keyboard ics keyboard to complete my fix.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Lurker
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Very nice. The op says not change the battery icon. Is there an easy way for me to make the icon color darker or make the text dark? Thanks.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by richardx View Post
    Very nice. The op says not change the battery icon. Is there an easy way for me to make the icon color darker or make the text dark? Thanks.
    You can use rom toolbox to replace the battery icons with something from there. Or you can extract the battery icons from the framework-res.apk and do it yourself. I say not to use Vortex toolbox to change the battery icon, because it replaces the resources.arsc which contains the styles.xml, which holds alot of the color changes. Other battery replace methods should be fine like metamorph and rom toobox. If it ends up messing it up you can just reflash the theme and get everything back again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads