Custom Droid X icons by Garemlin

This is a discussion on Custom Droid X icons by Garemlin within the Droid X Theme Stickies forums, part of the Droid X Themes category; Some of you may have seen (and even used) my sets of custom icons over on Droid Forums. Well I have decided to start from ...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Custom Droid X icons by Garemlin

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.4%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times

Custom Droid X icons by Garemlin

Some of you may have seen (and even used) my sets of custom icons over on Droid Forums. Well I have decided to start from scratch on the sets resizing them to 72x72 for the DX screen. I will be making four sets. Aluminum border, black ibox style, blue ibox style and smoke glass. The ibox and smoke glass sets were originally started by DF member Matth3w. I just continued with what he started by creating my own different icons based on his templates. The aluminum set is my own creation. My sets currently have 135 icons of all different types. There are stock Droid, stock Droid X, stock Sense 2.1, market apps and some for fun. Here is an example from each set:

xdialer.png xdialer.png xdialer.png xdialer.png

All sets are complete. I have revised the original set with some requested additions and some removals of unnecessary icons. Download links are at the bottom of this post. This is a list of all of the icons in the set and that will be included in the other three. Take a look and LMK if I have missed any commonly used apps and I will add them. I will also consider requests after all of the sets are done.

You will need to purchase Bettercut from the market to use these icons.

LAUNCHERPRO DOCK, ADVANCE TASK KILLER, ADVANCE TASK MANAGER, AIM, ALARM, AMAZON, AP MOBILE, ASTRID, ASTRO, BANK OF AMERICA, BARCODE SCANNER, BETTERCUT, BLOO, BLUETOOTH, BROWSER, BUZZOFF, BUBBLE LEVEL, CALCULATOR (2), CALENDAR, CAR HOME, CHOMP SMS, CLOCK, COLORNOTE, CONTACTS, DEATHSTAR, DOCS TO GO, DOLPHIN (3), DROIDLIGHT, EASY TETHER, EBAY, EBUDDY, EMAIL, FACEBOOK, FANDANGO, FENNEC, FIREFOX, FOXNEWS, GAMEBOID, GAMES (2), GEARS OF WAR (2), GENSOID, GMAIL, GOOGLE EARTH, GOOGLE GOGGLES, GOOGLE SKY MAPS, HANDSCENT, HOMESWITCHER, IHEARTRADIO, IMDB, IMUSIC, INDEED, LAST FM, MAPS, MARKET, METAMORPH, MOVIES, MUSIC, MYSPACE, NEWS, NOTES, OPERA, PANDORA, PAYPAL, PDANET, PHONE DIALER, PHOTOBUCKET, PHOTOSHOP, PICSAY, PLACES DIRECTORY, PASX4DROID, QUICK SETTINGS, RINGDROID, SCANNER RADIO, SENSE 2.1 ALARM CLOCK, SENSE 2.1 BROWSER, SENSE 2.1 CALENDAR, SENSE 2.1 CALCULATOR, SENSE 2.1 CAMERA, SENSE 2.1 CONTACTS, SENSE 2.1 PHONE DIALER, SENSE 2.1 GALLERY, SENSE 2.1 MAIL, SENSE 2.1 SMS, SENSE 2.1 WEATHER, SET CPU, SHAZAM (2), SHOP SAVVY, SIRIUS, SKYFIRE, SLACKER RADIO, SMS, SNESOID, SPEED TEST, SPORTSTAP, STOP WATCH, TAPATALK (2), TEMP MONITOR, THE WEATHER CHANNEL, TIP CALC, TOUITEUR, TV.COM, TWIDROID, TWITTER, UNIT CONVERTER, USA TODAY, VOICE DIALER, WEATHERBUG, WHERE, WIKIPEDIA, X-BROWSER, X-CALENDAR, X-CALCULATOR, X-CAMCORDER, X-CAMERA, X-CAR DOCK, X-CONTACTS, X-PHONE DIALER, X-EMAIL, XM RADIO, XSCOPE, YELLOWPAGES, YELP, YOUTUBE, ZEDGE, ZILLOW

I have also included something a little special. I have created matching custom dock trays for use with LauncherPro v0.6.7 and up. Each icon set will have it's own matching custom dock and it is in the same folder as the icons. Here is the aluminum dock tray.

Here are all of the instructions that you should need. Any questions or issues feel free to ask.

Instructions for using icons

-Download the icon zip file to your pc or phone and unzip it
    -Create a folder on your SD card named icons or my icons and move the unzipped icon folder to that folder
    -Download Bettercut from the market. It costs $1.99
    -Select an icon from your app tray that you would like to use one of the icons with
    -Long press the icon to place it on your home screen
    -Open Bettercutand click "Edit Shortcut"
    -Look for and click the stock icon that you want to change in the list
    -Click "change icon"
    -Click "pick picture"
    -Scroll to and click the folder that has the icons and pick the icon you want to use
    -Click the icon that you want to use
    -Click "create"

Your new icon will now be on your home screen. This does not permanently change the icon. If you decide you don't want to use the icon anymore just long press it and drag it to your app tray.

NOTE: If you are using LauncherPro you must go back to your stock home and place the icons you want to change there. It will not work if you place the stock on your screens while in LauncherPro. To get back to your stock home click menu>setting>applications>manage applications>launcherpro>clear defaults.

Instructions for using the custom LauncherPro app tray.
    This is for use when using LauncherPro v0.6.7 and up only. It is available as a free download in the market.

-Click menu button
    -Click preferences
    -Click appearance settings
    -Click Dock Background and choose custom
    -Open the folder containing the LauncherPro dock tray - It is in the same folder that icons are in
    -Click the custom dock
    -Back out to your home screen and there it is

Here is the first set of icons and included dock tray available for download. The aluminum set. The other three sets will be coming shortly. Enjoy!!!

If you like my icons, feel free to show some appreciation and hit the THANKS button.

Download links:
    AluminumIcons72x72_v2.zip

BlackIcons72x72.zip

BlueIcons72x72.zip

SmokeGlass72x72.zip

I have no problems sharing these icons with all of the members here. But please don't take them and pass them around on other sites while taking credit for them. I have already caught someone doing that with one of my earlier sets.

Last edited by Garemlin; 07-26-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: updated

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 32.3%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Nice icons, thanks for the submission!

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.4%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Ok I just noticed in the pic that I posted that the edges are black and squared off. That is not how they look. It is because I saved that group as a jpeg for sample purposes. The corners are rounded like the one below.

xcamera.png

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Overall activity: 2.6%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Wow, awesome work Garemlin!

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes thanks..will use these.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    They look terrific.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Looks great

X Operative Achievements:
    7 days registered250 Experience PointsYour first GroupThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I am loving your work
    Android 2.2 leak installed. Now just waiting for 928droid theme for 2.2!

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    android_by_WhoAmI01.jpg
    click to enlarge

Thought this was a cool wallpaper...
    jeverts likes this.
    <center>The Power Of X
    <center>

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Replicant_.jpg
    Click to enlarge

For the ladies...
    <center>The Power Of X
    <center>

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads