Facebook status update woes - com.facebook.katana has stopped unexpectedly

This is a discussion on Facebook status update woes - com.facebook.katana has stopped unexpectedly within the Droid X Stock Issues forums, part of the Droid X Rescue Squad category; I have a non rooted droid x that has all of the updates installed. I cannot update my status on Facebook. When I try to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Facebook status update woes - com.facebook.katana has stopped unexpectedly

X Lurker
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Facebook status update woes - com.facebook.katana has stopped unexpectedly

I have a non rooted droid x that has all of the updates installed. I cannot update my status on Facebook. When I try to update my status on FB I get an error that "com.facebook.katana has stopped unexpectedly". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the FB from the market. I get the same error. I factory reset my phone then immediately installed FB from the market and still get the same error. I did a second factory reset on my phone - same error when trying to update my status on FB. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 17.3%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by seandwd View Post
    I have a non rooted droid x that has all of the updates installed. I cannot update my status on Facebook. When I try to update my status on FB I get an error that "com.facebook.katana has stopped unexpectedly". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the FB from the market. I get the same error. I factory reset my phone then immediately installed FB from the market and still get the same error. I did a second factory reset on my phone - same error when trying to update my status on FB. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Facebook mobile glitched out that's all, it's not your phone

Blazing......

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This problem has been happening for a couple of months. Oh, I have deleted cache too, a bunch of times.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 17.3%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    OK thought it just started,

Blazing......

Quote Originally Posted by seandwd View Post
    Hi, I had the same problem and it bothered me for weeks until I finally got so annoyed I locked my self in a room until I solved it!

The problem lies on your facebook status update settings, I had a custom setting to hide any updates from limited friends.
    To correct the problem login via your pc and in the privacy near the status update change the privacy to one of the new smart list or choose just friends for the time being.

You will find that the problem has now gone a way.

Hope this has helped, it drove me mad for a while

Agent X
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 2.6%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    or if you dont go on facebook you wont have any problems.

just sayin.

Addicted to technology but don't always get it!

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That did the trick!! Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by macfflei View Post
    <snipped>
    The problem lies on your facebook status update settings, I had a custom setting to hide any updates from limited friends.
    To correct the problem login via your pc and in the privacy near the status update change the privacy to one of the new smart list or choose just friends for the time being.

You will find that the problem has now gone a way.
    <snipped>
    Thank you! This has been driving me mad, too, for quite a while. <3

X Lurker
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So I take it from readding this thread that you cannot use any facebook friend lists you've set up. I happen to have a few dozen so I can use facebook for multiple audiences without ticking off friends who, say, do not want hear about some of my hobbies/interests. This is the android app that does not include this feature? Is there any way to find out if this might ever be corrected so my lists could be useful via tablet? Not sure how to view this post, cant seem to expand th reply box...sorry so sloppy, one thing I hate about the tab ..... thing is i am only using this tab because the trusty laptop died. So we got hubby the tab, perfect for him, and im using until i can decide on what kind of new laptop. Maybe i should go for one of the windows tablets? Perhaps windows would allow full use of facebook options? How would one find out more about this facebook app? I am just now realizing that the app must called katana - i saw that a few days ago in active apps and freaked out a little worrying someone might have hacked this already. These apps seem so obscure to me, I'm used to having rich help, files and I use them to learn all i can but apparently the tablet people don't want to know how, just which button to press?
    Last edited by leena; 08-09-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    272 times
    not sure if you can or not, but facebook app has been updated many times since this thread started or even since last post

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads