please need HELP .. cant get into stock recovery/factory reset screen!!

This is a discussion on please need HELP .. cant get into stock recovery/factory reset screen!! within the Droid X SBF forums, part of the Droid X Rescue Squad category; ok so heres my situation... i CAN get into bootloader... black screen with white text ,, i CANNOT get into the stock recovery .. black ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: please need HELP .. cant get into stock recovery/factory reset screen!!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

please need HELP .. cant get into stock recovery/factory reset screen!!

ok so heres my situation...

i CAN get into bootloader... black screen with white text ,,
    i CANNOT get into the stock recovery .. black screen with green text :-(
    i have droid x running froyo 2.3.340 rooted.
    i had to get my phone back to stock one day not too long ago... i went the route of using the team blackhat monster file. it worked, and then i wanted to upgrade to gingerbread. i got the files i needed and thought i was on my way to flashing the upgrade...
    i powered down my phone and tryed to get into the stock recovery by pulling the battery, put it back in, then holding down power button and the home button... saw m logo for a second and screen just goes black... ok.. pulled battery again, tryed to power up normally, saw m logo and just stayed on it forever.. pulled battery again and then try to power up normal again,, this time it worked,, so then i tryed to get into recovery again by using clockworkmod/rom manager... phone powered down, restarted on its own and went to m logo again and just stayed there forever! pulled battery,, put back in,, phone booted up fine..
    so now i realize i have a reboot issuse.. tryed it several more times,, so it always does that now,, normal power down normal power up just hangs at m ogo, pull battery power up and it boots fine. i can get into the bootloader to sbf but i cant complete anything because i cant even do a factory reset... im really upset about this i love my X i cant even complete a factory data reset because when it goes to reboot it goes to a black screen with m logo,, i need to get it into stock recovery somehow or is there another way to factory reset the phone? ju

st stayed there forever again
    stayed there forever again...
    Last edited by LiquidFlex81; 09-15-2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: errors

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    what are you on now?
    and what recovery are you flashing in rom manager are you flashing?

Post Script:

We have nothing to fear but runnig out of beer/*****|*****\

Nemo Aeternamn Wallpapers

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    sorry for the messed up areas of my post moto xoom is acting funny with cursor positions....

anyways everything i said above and is there another way to factory reset... possibly in android terminal emulator?
    and the other issue im having now since all that is that i cannot install any new apps that need permission of read/modify sd storage.. nor can i update apps that i have already that need that permission.. the only way i got around that issue kind of was by moving any apps i had already installed on the sd was by moving them to the phone, then it let me update them.. but i cant download/install any new apps with that permission... the error message i get is cannot install to usb mass storage or sd card. i also tryed installing backups of apps that i had saved on my sd card already and that didnt work either.. only apps that need that permission... that problem started after i downloaded and installed an app called root system tools... the only function i used in that app was read/write speed testt and then i started getting this new error message. ugh! i really just want my words with friends app back and installed lol but of course it uses that permission... please any and all input is appriciated guys,, i read this board alot and many of yous are sjuper smart,, have great respect fir you ndroid gurus!

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    have ya looked under settings/privacy and do the factory reset there?

Post Script:

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo aeternamn View Post
    what are you on now?
    and what recovery are you flashing in rom manager are you flashing?
    i just updated my rom manager recovery to the current version `Current Recovery: Clockworkmod 5.0.2.0`
    what am i on now as in what am i using to reply on this forum? using my moto xoom
    if u mean my droid x its supposed to be froyo 2.3.340 tbh monster file... i used that method because sbf ing seems really confusing with all the info hat is out there now to sbf... i tryed doing the rsd lite way and it failled at the end

and i tryed flashing before i updated the clockworkmod recovery as well
    Last edited by LiquidFlex81; 09-15-2011 at 12:46 AM.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    have ya looked under settings/privacy and do the factory reset there?
    yes and it wont complete that because it will not go to the stock recovery mode to finish.. the screen with the triangle and android guy and exclamation point,, will not go there at all

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    hmm... i've had problems with the aio breaking my stock recovery when i used it to get to 602...and i'd say use this method to sbf... Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems
    it works alot more.... and i feel it works better then the rsd method....and i know it seems complicated... but it's not... just burn disc, reboot computer to disc, run program...
    Last edited by Nemo aeternamn; 09-15-2011 at 12:49 AM.

Post Script:

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hmm... i've had problems with the aio breaking my stock recovery when i used it to get to 602...and i'd say use this method to sbf... Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems
    it works alot more.... and i feel it works better then the rsd method....and i know it seems complicated... but it's not... just burn disc, reboot computer to disc, run program...
    i will try that method of sbfing.. but wont it still need to get into stock recovery to complete the process?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    most likely... but you can do that after you sbf... after it's cleared out what ever conflict is going on...

Post Script:

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    most likely... but you can do that after you sbf... after it's cleared out what ever conflict is going on...
    i need my stock recovery back is the main issue.. i assume if i get the phone to factory reset somehow,, these problems will be fixed.. so does anyone know of a way to factory reset other than using the stock recovery?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads