Don't know what else to do! A real Brick?

This is a discussion on Don't know what else to do! A real Brick? within the Droid X SBF forums, part of the Droid X Rescue Squad category; Originally Posted by Snow02 There's not much else you can do. You clearly know how to sbf, having done it previously. I'm not sure how ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Don't know what else to do! A real Brick?

X Lurker
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow02 View Post
    There's not much else you can do. You clearly know how to sbf, having done it previously. I'm not sure how you plan on trying the 4.5.596 sbf if the computer won't recognize your phone, unless linux is recognizing it still?

Try a different cable if you haven't already.

Other than that, it would be time for a replacement.

Yeah I have done and researched everything I can. Its funny that I can find threads on the problems Im having individually such as the errors or just getting stuck in bootloader, but I havent seen anyone else say its all happening at once lol. Also I feel like the sbf has worked somewhat because initially when this all happened other than the battery low I did have a corrupt data or error message on the bootloader screen itself.

But the linux program starts it does say DROID X FOUND, thats why I dont understand why rsdlite cannot find it and I definitely have the drivers installed. But do you know anything about formatting your sd card? Will that somehow help me with the errors I'm seeing in android recovery.

I have not tryed another cable yet though, and as far as 4.5.596 I was trying to do that method via usb. The problem Im having tho is my computer will not boot from the usb for some reason so Im going to look into that some more..
    Last edited by Bspacely; 07-13-2011 at 12:05 PM.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I wouldn't recommend the USB trick. It impregnated my old battery, though I was able to finally get my x started and sbfd for some reason. Then my phone wouldn't recognize the battery or any other. Verizon took note of this and luckily I had no trace of root or custom recovery so they took it as a hardware failure and replaced my whole device. If you can manage to sbf and f-up the battery, might be worth a shot though *insert disclaimer here*...
    TO DO LIST: 1: Wait for tonight. 2: Try to take over the world!

250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The Linux sbf is built to find the device specifically. Because you haven't booted windows yet, there are no drivers available to the system that would recognize the phone. The drivers are specific to windows after it boots. Rsd-lite method is dated because if during the sbf process something goes wrong rsd-lite wont find the bootloader software correctly and will initially fail from then on out. I've had the same issue since I tried to sbf and when it didn't take I had no choice but to use the live CD. You could try the sbf_flash method in Linux with the official vrz-blahblahblah.sbf 1kds provided in his thread. Again, don't worry about drivers in Linux as they are not necessary. The only difference between the livecd and the Linux terminal method is you have to manually type everything out. Best bet, try a Linux bootable livecd like puppy Linux and use the terminal if you can get your battery to charge. 1kds provides all the necessary commands in his thread
    Last edited by dragonhart6505; 07-13-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If you'd like some live support you could shoot me a pm for my number and could attempt to walk you through it...

X Lurker
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ALRIGHT right now I'm feeling like a genius. After three days of searching through forums, cutting usb cords, burning isos and, anything else you can think of I have finally fixed my phone... for now anyway lol I remember reading that the battery will not charge in bootloader but I wasnt sure about the android recovery. So I grabbed my phone went into recovery and plugged my phone in. I didnt notice anything so I figured why not just try to get into bootloader from here I held the power button camera and both up and down volume and I got the best pop-up my computer has ever seen it saying my phone has finally been found. I quickly opened rsdlite and sure enough my phone was listed. I ran the sbf and it worked!!! The only thing I didn't do was go into android recovery afterward because it went straight to the activation menu on my phone and I couldn't resist or wait to wipe data and all that. So far I've had no problems and everything seems fine...Now back on to more rooting and flashing lol

I really appreciate all the feedback and I definitely know I came to the right place for help. Now I just hope I am able to help someone else who is experiencing similar problems and finds this thread!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Good work bspacely glad you got it working. Hopefully your experience will be useful to others. I'm sure you'll be of use to someone :-)

RS Team Leader
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 575
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bspacely View Post
    ALRIGHT right now I'm feeling like a genius. After three days of searching through forums, cutting usb cords, burning isos and, anything else you can think of I have finally fixed my phone... for now anyway lol I remember reading that the battery will not charge in bootloader but I wasnt sure about the android recovery. So I grabbed my phone went into recovery and plugged my phone in. I didnt notice anything so I figured why not just try to get into bootloader from here I held the power button camera and both up and down volume and I got the best pop-up my computer has ever seen it saying my phone has finally been found. I quickly opened rsdlite and sure enough my phone was listed. I ran the sbf and it worked!!! The only thing I didn't do was go into android recovery afterward because it went straight to the activation menu on my phone and I couldn't resist or wait to wipe data and all that. So far I've had no problems and everything seems fine...Now back on to more rooting and flashing lol

I really appreciate all the feedback and I definitely know I came to the right place for help. Now I just hope I am able to help someone else who is experiencing similar problems and finds this thread!!
    Awesome work, and definitely glad you got it going again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Ads