Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

This is a discussion on Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems within the Droid X SBF forums, part of the Droid X Rescue Squad category; I screwed my phone up going from Apex 1.3 to Apex 2.0. Downloaded file from Rom Manager. After starting to flash the new ROM, screen ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 268 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

X Lurker
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I screwed my phone up going from Apex 1.3 to Apex 2.0. Downloaded file from Rom Manager. After starting to flash the new ROM, screen went to "Google" (black background, White Google) and no further. Can't turn phone off. Can only pull battery. Went to recovery using Power and Home, did factory reset, cache reset, tried to flash update.zip from SD card. Nothing works. Had the disk burned from above, but with USB connected won't recognize phone. Any and all help would be appreciated.

I'm using a mac and disk utility is not recognizing the SD card either. What can I do????? Thanks.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by debdado View Post
    I screwed my phone up going from Apex 1.3 to Apex 2.0. Downloaded file from Rom Manager. After starting to flash the new ROM, screen went to "Google" (black background, White Google) and no further. Can't turn phone off. Can only pull battery. Went to recovery using Power and Home, did factory reset, cache reset, tried to flash update.zip from SD card. Nothing works. Had the disk burned from above, but with USB connected won't recognize phone. Any and all help would be appreciated.

I'm using a mac and disk utility is not recognizing the SD card either. What can I do????? Thanks.
    2.0 is for Gingerbread, and you needed to be on Gingerbread before hand, you will need to SBF, boot phone to bootloader to SBF. Since you are on a Mac, you will need 1KDS's live Linux disc, link is in my sig.

Once you are back on Froyo, follow the instructions for getting rooted Gingerbread, than you may flash 2.0

DroidXForums Guidelines of Conduct
    Show Your Support and Become a Supporting Member Today!

And always remember to read, read, read, and read some more!

X Informant
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This method saved my butt today. I bricked my phone trying to get the rooted Gingerbread. Burned the CD, ran the program, and I'm back in business. Yay! Thank you so much for this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Operative
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1KDS View Post
    There is no advantage of using it unless you don't want root. Once we have a root method for the OTA the GB iso will get more love.
    Is someone in fact working on rooting the OTA GB? I was hoping for a Z4 type of root capability to come out, but have about given up. Would rather not do the SBF back to Froyo route to get rooted GB.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your response. I tried that but when I get to the part where the phone must be recognized by the program, it is not. Directions say to replug in USB, which I did with no success. My phone is not being recognized by my computer at all, even trying to see SD card content. Is there something I can do to get the phone to be recognized? Thanks for your continuing help!

X Informant
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, this and the instructions saved my arse last week....thank you so much. Im a total tech newb. Thanks!

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by debdado View Post
    Thanks for your response. I tried that but when I get to the part where the phone must be recognized by the program, it is not. Directions say to replug in USB, which I did with no success. My phone is not being recognized by my computer at all, even trying to see SD card content. Is there something I can do to get the phone to be recognized? Thanks for your continuing help!
    Are you sure your phone is in bootloader? Do you have white text the says Bootloader 30.04 at the top? Try a different USB cable as well if it still don't recognize it.

DroidXForums Guidelines of Conduct
    Show Your Support and Become a Supporting Member Today!

And always remember to read, read, read, and read some more!

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 15.8%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    453 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Growler48 View Post
    Is someone in fact working on rooting the OTA GB? I was hoping for a Z4 type of root capability to come out, but have about given up. Would rather not do the SBF back to Froyo route to get rooted GB.
    Probably not. Since there is a pre-rooted version, there is less of a reason to find a root method, but never say never

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Growler48 View Post
    Apparently the bootloader of the droid-x uses 2048 bit RSA token encryption, with random efuses. Meaning, if you try and brute force your way through it, it would take something like 10^16 years for the worlds most powerful supercomputer to get through it, and god only knows how many phones with blows efuses (I guess use a dev phone to avoid that part). They patched the 2init vulnerability in the OTA version, so the boot sequence cannot be hijacked, however P3 got his paws on the software and added root to it, I guess he either removed the patch that fixed the 2init vulnerability or added his own love to it.

So to answer your question, Im sure somewhere someone is messing with root on the OTA version, but it will not come via a hacked - read unlocked bootloader.

If I got my details messed up, I do apologize I'm new to this, but the bootloader on the droid-x fascinates me.

X Operative
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    ok quick question. I have the v 7 of the 1KDS. Can I use this to sbf back to froyo...I am currently using TBH 2 step 596 that is rooted and deoxed? I am looking at loading up some CM4dx.

thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 268 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast

Ads