Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

This is a discussion on Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems within the Droid X SBF forums, part of the Droid X Rescue Squad category; +1 I got the same thing with a older PC that I used to sbf 602 a lot it just seems to take a bit ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 241 of 268 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 251 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2671
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

Agent X
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 5.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    +1 I got the same thing with a older PC that I used to sbf 602 a lot it just seems to take a bit more ram with 604 idk

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

used 1kds live cd for sbf milestone not sending mms

i used the live cd and sbf from stock updated .612 to milestone and rooted it but i am not able to send any mms thou txt everythig eles seems to be working right on the phone. and can i dbf it back to stock 612 as if it was updated and fresh out the box. keep in mind i am no where exp than you guys this is my first time

Hi All,

I used 1KDS live cd method in order to get root access on the my DX to a rooted "Milestone X 4.5.604 Gingerbread". I was trying to get the to 621 using the 604-to-621-Images-Update.zip and clockwork mod to boot into recovery. Whenever I try to apply the update from the zip i get the following:
    Finding update packages...
    Opening update packages....
    Verifying update package...
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted

I tried to download the zip several time from the opening post but with now success. Can anyone help? I am using the stock Moto cable as well.

I would like to eventually go to CM9

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 38.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yuhoo22 View Post
    Hi All,

I used 1KDS live cd method in order to get root access on the my DX to a rooted "Milestone X 4.5.604 Gingerbread". I was trying to get the to 621 using the 604-to-621-Images-Update.zip and clockwork mod to boot into recovery. Whenever I try to apply the update from the zip i get the following:
    Finding update packages...
    Opening update packages....
    Verifying update package...
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted

I tried to download the zip several time from the opening post but with now success. Can anyone help? I am using the stock Moto cable as well.

I would like to eventually go to CM9
    Sounds like you are attempting to install the zip in stock recovery. What's the background, a black hat with an arrow or Andy the android?

Sent from my unicorned GSIII

X Lurker
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,I'm brand new to this so let me share my delima. I have had this Droid X Ver 2.3.4 for almost 2 years,bought it off Craigs list, worked as it should til I got the Bionic so I thought I would sell it on Craigs list so I did a factory reset which worked fine. A lady bought it for her son-went straight to Verizon from my house to get it acitivated. Within 35 minutes the verizon rep called me to tell me the phne had bee rooted and the could not get it to activate so I gave the lady her money back. I decided for what little I read that I probably was going to have to flash the phone( it came up and would let you see all the functions an scroll thu programs on phone. Bootloader ver 30.04 came up ok. so when I came upon this thread I decided to try making the CD-did-ran it-it loaded just fine but now is stuck in bootloader and reads the following:
    Bootloader
    Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

NEW_MAP Blank
    Service Req'd
    Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable
    Can any one help, Thanks in advance

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 2.3%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    If you want to return the phone to stock you need to SBF stock .621 using RSD Lite.

Look here.

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topi...BF#entry466587

Sent from my Black Iced X
    Last edited by newmanx4; 08-02-2012 at 05:07 PM.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 38.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jgwaltney19chw View Post
    Hi,I'm brand new to this so let me share my delima. I have had this Droid X Ver 2.3.4 for almost 2 years,bought it off Craigs list, worked as it should til I got the Bionic so I thought I would sell it on Craigs list so I did a factory reset which worked fine. A lady bought it for her son-went straight to Verizon from my house to get it acitivated. Within 35 minutes the verizon rep called me to tell me the phne had bee rooted and the could not get it to activate so I gave the lady her money back. I decided for what little I read that I probably was going to have to flash the phone( it came up and would let you see all the functions an scroll thu programs on phone. Bootloader ver 30.04 came up ok. so when I came upon this thread I decided to try making the CD-did-ran it-it loaded just fine but now is stuck in bootloader and reads the following:
    Bootloader
    Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

NEW_MAP Blank
    Service Req'd
    Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable
    Can any one help, Thanks in advance
    Yup, follow NewmanX if you want to go back to stock fully. MEM_MAP Blank error indicates it was on .621 and CDT verification failed (you tried to flash to an earlier version and it won't let you). If you are intending to root use the same disc on the OP for the 4.5.604 Milestone X. That will also get it to a fixable state.

BTW you can still activate when rooted and also even when ROM'ed on AOSP ROMs. Verizon will just refuse to touch it if its, rooted, got to know what you are doing - I did this on my sister's line (I transferred it from being deactivated on my line to a different account and then back to her line). Here's what I had to do:

Call in to CS, provide line I needed transferred, and phone ID info from behind battery.

At this point we attempted activation and it would not activate. Verizon CSR was older lady, thought she knew what was going on, bless her. Told me to remove the battery and SIM card 0.o (in case you don't know our phones don't have SIM cards).

I promptly thanked her for her time, verified the phone was now active as the primary on my sister's line (the phone itself just wasn't activating, when doing the activation call I would get no sound at all and was unresponsive) and told her I would fix it myself. Hung up with her, skipped activation (4-corners trick) then dialed *228+ (get the + by holding 0) followed standard voice activation, and working within 2 minutes.

tl;dr: Follow newmanx's direction if you want to get back to stock. You can also flash the .604 ISO and it will work fine. The VZW excuse of being rooted is a cop-out as most reps aren't comfortable and/or don't understand what root really is and thinks it means more than it does, but as long as you are a competent user it doesn't effect phones at all. Likely the lady just had an issue with activation like I had (this happened to me when I was stock, unrooted, before when I was flashing radio files as well in RSD Lite, so its not necessarily an issue with root or ROMs)

Banned
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I need help with X. I can't send MMS while on the stock DROIDX .621 ROM. I decided to go back to the stock DROIDX ROM for now because I'm more comfortable with it. I'm rooted on .621. My sister is wondering why why I can't send her photos to her iPhone

Banned
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Also, Google Maps keeps force closing

X Lurker
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked