Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

This is a discussion on Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems within the Droid X SBF forums, part of the Droid X Rescue Squad category; Yeah I got it into bootloader mode, but I wasn't sure if the USB connect type that I used last mattered. I'm guessing not :-) ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 268 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2671
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

X Lurker
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah I got it into bootloader mode, but I wasn't sure if the USB connect type that I used last mattered. I'm guessing not :-)

Off to try the other three USB ports!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yeah I guess the USB3.0 ports dont work, but the 2.0 worked just fine.

I got Root access this way, but my Droid X bootstrap just seems to restart the phone, doesnt bring me to the CWM setting so i cant load in the liberty ROM that I like

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    572 times
    Glad it worked out, try Droid 2 bootstrap or turn USB Debugging off and try DX Bootstrap again.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    is anyone geting bootloader errr A5,69,35,00,22 stuck in bootloader no responds to the boot disk or anything

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 38.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    445 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pinginn View Post
    is anyone geting bootloader errr A5,69,35,00,22 stuck in bootloader no responds to the boot disk or anything
    You'll have to sbf again. If it happens again you'll have to redownload it.

FreeMyMoto!!!

FreeMyMoto!!!

If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

RS Team Leader
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Overall activity: 12.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    That's usually due to a hardware malfunction. What system version were you on and what SBF version did you try and use?

on the move..

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    not sure its a frinds phone i think he was trying to push GB 2.3.* win it bricked was not rooted r-offed not sure witch one but i have tryed the live boots an it it finsh's every thing an reboots the phone but after pulling the usb it loads with the same error :/ i also tryed the froyo live cd an GB so not sure where to go from here
    Last edited by pinginn; 04-21-2012 at 01:00 AM.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    the phone was actually given to me already in bootloader error msg. he states he has never modded/rooted it in any way. so i think his dumbass just tried to do latest update that came out i guess in last few months and he had very low battery that died in mid upgrade.. least thats what seems to happen. i get errors pushing any data at all via RSD Lite (.sbf) files. usually error causes phone to change from showing the er:blah:blah:blah to DEA1 Critical or something like that and then eventually back to original bootloader er msg. i wish there was another way to somehow push a new copy of bootloader.. cause for some reason, nothing flashes to it at all. i think either usb port is fried or chip is fried.. all i know is when i was searching on google bout "motorolla droid x bootloader error DEA1" and hardly find anything about anyone else having that exact issue before.. far as i know though. this is a stock but OTA updated phone. not sure when owner bought it but he has prolly did updates when they show up. i have a evo 3d myself and their is a new way to downgrade the bootloader to lower version number which is fully s-off/rootable. which the actual directions are to start an bootloader/rom/firmware update via sd card n temporarily/semi-brick the phone by pulling power/battery in middle of an update.. so if something like that is out for droid x, that might possibly work in our situation.. if nothing else can be tried, ill call it a fried chip n not repairable. lol

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    572 times
    When a DX gives you a bootloader error out of nowhere it is usually a hardware issue. It is possible that it bricked in the middle of an OTA to .621, you can try using the MX_4.5.604.iso from the OP, if that one also leaves you with bootloader errors it is probably fried.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 43.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pinginn View Post
    the phone was actually given to me already in bootloader error msg. he states he has never modded/rooted it in any way. so i think his dumbass just tried to do latest update that came out i guess in last few months and he had very low battery that died in mid upgrade.. least thats what seems to happen. i get errors pushing any data at all via RSD Lite (.sbf) files. usually error causes phone to change from showing the er:blah:blah:blah to DEA1 Critical or something like that and then eventually back to original bootloader er msg. i wish there was another way to somehow push a new copy of bootloader.. cause for some reason, nothing flashes to it at all. i think either usb port is fried or chip is fried.. all i know is when i was searching on google bout "motorolla droid x bootloader error DEA1" and hardly find anything about anyone else having that exact issue before.. far as i know though. this is a stock but OTA updated phone. not sure when owner bought it but he has prolly did updates when they show up. i have a evo 3d myself and their is a new way to downgrade the bootloader to lower version number which is fully s-off/rootable. which the actual directions are to start an bootloader/rom/firmware update via sd card n temporarily/semi-brick the phone by pulling power/battery in middle of an update.. so if something like that is out for droid x, that might possibly work in our situation.. if nothing else can be tried, ill call it a fried chip n not repairable. lol
    1KDS has it right. Try the .604 SBF if all the others failed. The DX is a Moto device so we can't obtain S-Off, etc. When you tried any of the other SBFs (say .605) did it give you a boot loader error that said somewhere MEM_MAP BLANK? If so then that would indicate to me he was upgraded to .621. The .604 ISO should fix that if you are intending to root.

Sent from my unthrottled shadow AOKP!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 268 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 262 ... LastLast

Ads