[VIDEO GUIDE] How to SBF Your Droid X WITHOUT USING RSDLITE

This is a discussion on [VIDEO GUIDE] How to SBF Your Droid X WITHOUT USING RSDLITE within the Droid X RS Video Guides forums, part of the Droid X RS Guides category; Originally Posted by GoCliffGo05 Just before it says loading windows did you see something on screen that says "boot from cd" real quick? Press a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: [VIDEO GUIDE] How to SBF Your Droid X WITHOUT USING RSDLITE

Quote Originally Posted by GoCliffGo05 View Post
    Just before it says loading windows did you see something on screen that says "boot from cd" real quick? Press a key when you see that. Also did you save your changes before you exited BIOS? Another simple question is are you sure your cd drive works? Can you run a cd normally when the operating system is on?By the way sarcasm isn't tolerated around here. We will do our best to get you up and running.
    I did get to the manual boot screen on the PC and tried 3 or 4 times by selecting boot from cd. It kicks the cd drive on and after about 5 seconds it just goes into loading XP. I then went into BIOS and set it to boot from cd first and restarted. It kicks on the cd drive and shortly after it loads XP. The CD drive works great and I checked the disc and it has the iso on it. The only thing I can think to do is find another pc to try the disc on. Cheers,1/2 man 1/2 bear 1/2 pigManbearpig

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 1.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Could be that the ISO is not burned properly, therefore the PC can't boot from it. How did you burn it?

Sent from my Black Iced X

Smile error verifying code group 31 checksums defy+

Hi,

After long search finally i came to your forum and found something that would help me.
    Well , at the time of flashing SBF for my defy+ i'm facing the error "error verifying code group 31 checksums" , so i wanted to ask you that this Linux method help me solve this issue? I have tried all the ways.
    Any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 25.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    445 times
    This forum is for the Droid X. So these methods with these sbf files will not work on your Defy+.

You might find more help here http://androidforums.com/motorola-defy-plus/

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

FreeMyMoto!!!

If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    273 times
    Quote Originally Posted by manoj4vevento View Post
    Hi,

After long search finally i came to your forum and found something that would help me.
    Well , at the time of flashing SBF for my defy+ i'm facing the error "error verifying code group 31 checksums" , so i wanted to ask you that this Linux method help me solve this issue? I have tried all the ways.
    Any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.
    or try
    Defy+ MB526 Firmwares SuperThread - xda-developers
    or
    Motorola Firmwares
    installMotorola Drivers and use a newer version of RSD Lite
    and with any firmware or rom
    Verify that your download is complete with MD5 Hash Checksums

I could use some help here.... I followed every one of these instructions and I feel like I've tried everything here to send my droid x back to stock. What happened is I was updating to froyo OTA and my battery gave out on me because it went bad. Now when I plug my phone in the red motorola logo pops up but immediately turns off (similar to boot loop w/o animation). I know no way to charge my newly acquired battery for this phone because it continues to loop over and over and not charge the battery. Secondly, I went through RSD lite (all versions BTW) and none of them will recognize my phone. After trying the Linux boot, I did everything correctly and when in bootloader the command came up saying "Waiting for Phone" as if to say that it wouldn't recognize my phone. I tried 3 different USB ports to make sure it wasn't my pc. I wiped cache, tried to reset through recovery mode......I feel like I've tried everything to fix this phone and I'm losing hope fast. Does anyone have any suggestions, or is there a way to DL a stock room to a SD card and then apply it through recovery to the phone? I'm fighting a losing battle here.... Please help!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    273 times
    Quote Originally Posted by p86dave View Post
    I could use some help here.... I followed every one of these instructions and I feel like I've tried everything here to send my droid x back to stock. What happened is I was updating to froyo OTA and my battery gave out on me because it went bad. Now when I plug my phone in the red motorola logo pops up but immediately turns off (similar to boot loop w/o animation). I know no way to charge my newly acquired battery for this phone because it continues to loop over and over and not charge the battery.
    If the phone will not boot, often the charging software does not work either.
    Secondly, I went through RSD lite (all versions BTW) and none of them will recognize my phone. After trying the Linux boot, I did everything correctly and when in bootloader the command came up saying "Waiting for Phone" as if to say that it wouldn't recognize my phone. I tried 3 different USB ports to make sure it wasn't my pc. I wiped cache, tried to reset through recovery mode......I feel like I've tried everything to fix this phone and I'm losing hope fast. Does anyone have any suggestions, or is there a way to DL a stock room to a SD card and then apply it through recovery to the phone? I'm fighting a losing battle here.... Please help!
    Phone will not allow flashing if battery is low.
    You need a Fastboot/factory cable or a spare battery charger
    A factory/fastboot cable will power the phone directly from usb power, don't even need a battery

low battery options
    amazon Battery Charger for Motorola Droid X (MB810)
    ebay Battery Charger for MOTOROLA DROID X MB810
    TBH’s Motorola Factory Cable Adapter
    Fastboot Motorola Factory Cable-ebay

more here
    Using RSD Lite to flash a .SBF to restore (Stock Rom) (windows
    DX (MB810) ezSBF & Root 2.3.4/4.5.621 (windows/Linux/Mac)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ads