Droid X 4.5.621 sbf and root tutorial

This is a discussion on Droid X 4.5.621 sbf and root tutorial within the Droid X RS Guides forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Thank man. I'm still illiterate on all of this stuff haha...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Droid X 4.5.621 sbf and root tutorial

Thank man. I'm still illiterate on all of this stuff haha

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 29.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    No problem. Post back if you have any issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

X Lurker
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am actually going to attempt to root mine after one year to make certain it is better than my verizon iphone 4. i have been wanting to root it because i hear many positive things such as battery saver, applications open quickly and i can remove applications that i do not intend on using. I will post the outcome after one week to make certain that all is still functioning but I am paying 30.00 to have this done from someone that will not mess up like I probably would.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 43.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    I am actually going to attempt to root mine after one year to make certain it is better than my verizon iphone 4. i have been wanting to root it because i hear many positive things such as battery saver, applications open quickly and i can remove applications that i do not intend on using. I will post the outcome after one week to make certain that all is still functioning but I am paying 30.00 to have this done from someone that will not mess up like I probably would.
    While I don't necessarily agree with people charging others to root their devices (I've done it for plenty of friends that I felt would be competent with the permission and I have never charged anyone) if you are going to go that route, two recommendations:

1) Make sure the person who is doing it you trust. They are going to have access to all your sensitive info after all, as well we've had plenty of reports of people paying others to root their X and they just screw the pooch. This goes into:

2) Before you leave or get the phone back and pay the person download Root Checker and validate its rooted. The X is quite a bit different and more difficult to root on the most recent version than other phones. Its been simplified but still a bit of a process. Finally:

3) Keep in mind root access itself doesn't do anything to make your phone better. Its what you do with that control that matters.

Sent from my 4.2 jelly-beaned SCH-I535

X Lurker
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Goose306 you have left me with a lot to think about but first off, thank you for letting me know this vital information. I don't know the person and definitely don't trust that he may know what he is doing let alone doing it correctly. I understand that rooting a phone doesn't make the phone perform better but it provides a balance of applications that are not commonly used in return providing the battery to run better. including as you have mentioned the ability to add applications that would be desired but not available with the locked in provider service. what would be your advise to doing this on my own, I am not a computer genius and would like to know the benefits and downfall, such as: will my provider know and remove my insurance on it or not be able to upgrade my software as needed? thanks in advance.

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Best advice is read read read... there's allot of good info on here and if you have any questions or something doesn't make sense ask back in here and one of us will be glad to help you

Root, Roms and Themes, oh my...

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Search the forum for MagicMD5. It is by far the easiest method to root 621.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    sd_shadow likes this.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 4.9%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Rooting is not that hard, thanks to the information on here. I am new here and I have never rooted a phone before, but using the MagicMD5 method (I had trouble with ISOburner, but it worked great with Unetbootin and a flash drive) , and DroidX2 Bootstrap recovery (which is free if you look hard enough) I have rooted 2 used DroidXs and even figured out how to SBF one of them and reroot it, because someone had deleted system directories instead of a factory reset. So if you don't mind me asking, which rom worked best on the hd video problem. I am on 621. I have installed wizard's MIUI and the camera doesn't work well at all. The stills are out of focus and the video is choppy and grainy. This is a gingerbread ROM, isn't it. I have read that ICS ROMs ruin the video camera. I would rather use your opinion than try all the ROMs. Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    try pooka's cm7 version, links in my list
    sd_shadow's list of links for Droid FAQs, SBF, Rooting, ROMs.... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...0UWIlXLWA/edit

Sent from my MILESTONE3 using Droid X Forums

X Lurker
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 2.8%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for sharing this information with us. good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads