Rubix 1.9.7 NOT recovering apps on initial boot (or reboot)

This is a discussion on Rubix 1.9.7 NOT recovering apps on initial boot (or reboot) within the Droid X Rooted Issues forums, part of the Droid X Rescue Squad category; DX on 2.2.1 w/ OS 2.3.34 rooted z4root. Flashed Rubix 1.9.7 from droid x bootstapper with complete wipe/factory reset and cache wipe. Rubix appeared with ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1KDS

Thread: Rubix 1.9.7 NOT recovering apps on initial boot (or reboot)

Agent X
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times

Rubix 1.9.7 NOT recovering apps on initial boot (or reboot)

DX on 2.2.1 w/ OS 2.3.34 rooted z4root. Flashed Rubix 1.9.7 from droid x bootstapper with complete wipe/factory reset and cache wipe. Rubix appeared with out difficulty but apps are not recovering after 4 hrs. I want to go back to recovery to go back to stock but market won't install preexisting programs- tried with a few other previously installed ones. How do I get to bootsrap recovery. I know how to get to DX recovery but rebooting from there takes me back to the OS.
    I am pretty nervous because this is my second attempt at romming after going back to stock because of gallery problems on Rubix. That is fine this time but now I have this problem. In other words a newbie so please help.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    If you have bought bootstrap from the market and signed into the same account, the market will let you download the app again for free, then you can restore your stock backup. Have you signed into the market? What does it say under my downloads?
    JNEHAMA likes this.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Thanks for such a quick reply. I was signed into market. It had the choice to open not install and it would not open. But I managed to get bootstrapper. I forgot that I had a zip on my computer and I have the app installed. Should I go back to stock and redo the whole thing. The system runs fine, I have my contacts and email back up and the gallery that drove me crazy the first time is fine, but nothing else has recovered like it did the first go around. I have 2 nandroid back ups of my stock OS.Thanks

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    It's kind of up to you, sometimes google doesn't sync your apps right and they don't come back, you can go back to your stock backup then use titanium backup to backup apps with the data associated with them or use appbrain to make a list of your current apps. Or go with rubiX and redownload all your apps manually.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    I have titanium back up and the market states that it is installed but it can not be opened when I click to open it. When I used root explorer to get the .apk and placed it on my sd card and clicked intstall it states it will replace an already installed program. I also tried uninstalling/reinstalling from the market and it installs and will not open! I have the titanium data backup on my sdcard with no way to use it. I'm not worried about the apps, I have the list an can install them but how do I get at the backup data if I cannot open titanium.
    Thanks

Edit: I downloaded titanium root free and it installed and pro opened immediately with my back up data I should be ok now. I think. Theres always a surprise around the next corner!
    Last edited by JNEHAMA; 02-17-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Events changed

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Sorry, I went to bed. Titanium pro isn't an app, just an unlock key for the free edition.

From the X

+ Reply to Thread

Ads