How to update 2.3.320 => .340? plus market & sync notification issues

This is a discussion on How to update 2.3.320 => .340? plus market & sync notification issues within the Droid X Rooted Issues forums, part of the Droid X Rescue Squad category; I have several problems. They might be fixed by an update to 2.3.340, which I was on (OTA) at one point, but screwed some stuff ...

Thread: How to update 2.3.320 => .340? plus market & sync notification issues

X Operative
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

How to update 2.3.320 => .340? plus market & sync notification issues

I have several problems. They might be fixed by an update to 2.3.340, which I was on (OTA) at one point, but screwed some stuff up after rooting and SBF'd to 2.3.320, which was the most recent SBF I could find, then afterward found out it was a leaked version. So is there a way to update to 2.3.340 again? Now that I'm on 320? I've done a lot of searching and can't find anything that's specifically for people on the 2.3.320 leak version.

The other problems I'm having may be fixed by an update (possible bugs in the leak, leading to a more complete version 340?). So I'm not sure if I should spend time addressing them, or try the upgrade first. But here they are in case anyone knows an easy fix for them, but I'm not able to update right away.

Constant Syncing Indicator
    There's a constant update indicator (two arrows in a circle pointing to each other) in the status bar (by the battery and wifi/3g indicators) that doesn't go away. I found that toggling the freeze on Admin Notifier in Titanium will make it go away, but only until the next sync of any app/service. Then once something syncs (or uploads, or whatever) the indicator remains.

Apps Stuck in "Currently Downloading" in the Market
    See the picture below. Basically a bunch of apps updated when I first setup the phone after the SBF, and now they're all stuck in the "Currently Downloading" section of the Market's "My Apps" page. They all say 100% and are working fine, but it bothers (and worries) me that something else might be wrong.

In short, I've just had bad luck ever since the SBF to the leak version. Things seemed great after the OTA update to 2.3.340, except that the z4root took a few tries and some fiddling to get it to take. However, everything ran fine. Now, in addition to the above issues I get the occasional random freeze. Sometimes permanent, sometimes temporary, among other issues such as force closes on apps that I don't remember ever force closing before.

Please help.
    Droid X + 2.3 + Tasker + Voice Search = "now that's what I call a smart phone."

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I'm not sure but there may be a sbf for yor current build. if so sbf, reroot and thank me. Lol

If not I know rubix has a patch to get you running from leak to 2.3.340
    A humble servant to the X!!!
    Droid X
    Rubix 1.9.5
    Stock Theme
    Overclocked to 1.1 GHZ
    End Result = AMAZING

X Operative
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I definitely thank you. I really appreciate any help. But could you clarify just a little for me (I'm no expert in all this stuff, learning as I go)?

When you say an SBF for my current build, you mean a 340 SBF that's made to be put on phones that are on the 320 leak? If so, I've looked and cant find it. Somebody please tell me wehre to get it. If not, explain, please.

A patch would be a great option as well, where can I find this patch?

EDIT: I seem to have found the culprit of the constant syncing indicator. I started to unfreeze all the blur-social apps, and when I unfroze "Social Messaging Service 2.2.1" it suddenly disappeared. I refroze the rest (Social Messaging 2.2.1, Social Networking 2.2.1, Social Sharing 2.2.1, & Social Status 2.2.1), including Admin Notifier and so far, no sync indicator. So perhaps its fixed? It appears that's the app that ties contacts to facebook profiles, as I suddenly have pictures and linked Fb accounts in my contacts (a feature I kinda like, since most don't have a Gmail account or profile pic). I'll post an update if it doesn't seem fixed.

EDIT 2: that only worked for a time. Seems other stuff is scheduled to sync, but when frozen (or renamed) it doesn't work, therefore the indicator remains. Anyone know of a hack or something to disable whatever is scheduling them to sync?
    Last edited by the_Fiddler; 12-21-2010 at 09:21 PM.

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    So I figured out that tapping each of the apps that were in the market allowed them to install and then they left the list. Apparently somehow they'd been stopped after downloading, but before installing. So all's good on that front now.

I'd still really like a fix for the syncing indicator and a path to 340 from 320 though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

X Operative
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    340 system only sbf should update you if i'm not mistaken. team black hat app - its available there and possibly others.
    DX - Apex 1.3 - OTA 2.2.1 - And loving it!. I-What!!!

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Fiddler View Post
    A patch would be a great option as well, where can I find this patch?
    Here's the patches to go from .320 to .340. You could probably patch your current setup or sbf to .320 then patch to .340
    TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Sorry for the dumb n00b question, but how do I "Restart phone with bootstrap recovery"? I know how to reboot in recovery mode, but how do I do bootstrap recovery?

Also, I already have the 30.04 bootloader, so do I just run the other three updates?

My understanding is to reboot between each update. Will it automatically go into bootstrap recovery, or do I need to do something to make it restart to bootstrap recovery each time?
    Last edited by the_Fiddler; 12-29-2010 at 12:45 PM.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    use the droid x recovery app from clockworkmod, hit bootstrap recovery then reboot recovery

Remove Ads

Ads