2.2 OTA question please

This is a discussion on 2.2 OTA question please within the Droid X ROMs forums, part of the Droid X Development category; So my wife and I both have droidx's Mine: rooted/rubix.03/Nextheme Hers; OTA 2.2 Froyo update She wants her phone like mine.. Because the ota update ...

Thread: 2.2 OTA question please

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times

2.2 OTA question please

So my wife and I both have droidx's

Mine: rooted/rubix.03/Nextheme

Hers; OTA 2.2 Froyo update

She wants her phone like mine.. Because the ota update blows on her phone and force closes everything!.

She asked me to root it today and install the rubix.03 rom when I did my phone it was the 2.1 do I'm not totally familiar with the steps for 2.2..

Correct me if I'm wrong PLEASE.

FIRST: Root the phone

Second: DL boot strap

Third: make a back up of current state via boot strap

Fourth: download rom place on sd card rebooy into recovery and yada yada yada

Am I missing something here that I just don't see?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    if rubix is compatible with OTA 2.2 (idk), then yes, those steps are how u wanna go about it.

just make sure u DL and flash the bootstrap. and that u meet all the requirements for rubix

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Roooler View Post
    So my wife and I both have droidx's

Mine: rooted/rubix.03/Nextheme

Hers; OTA 2.2 Froyo update

She wants her phone like mine.. Because the ota update blows on her phone and force closes everything!.

She asked me to root it today and install the rubix.03 rom when I did my phone it was the 2.1 do I'm not totally familiar with the steps for 2.2..

Correct me if I'm wrong PLEASE.

FIRST: Root the phone

Second: DL boot strap

Third: make a back up of current state via boot strap

Fourth: download rom place on sd card rebooy into recovery and yada yada yada

Am I missing something here that I just don't see?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    That is correct. the important steps are to format system, cache and data
    They are in the instructions for the rom. YOU MUST DO THEM or you will have problems they would be part of your fourth step. Follow all directions from the rom's page and you wont have issues.
    remember to use the clockwork recovery from the bootstrap to do the backup and to install the rom. Not the the stock recovery.

also to clarify something you said. You had to have been on 2.2 before you installed rubix on your phone it needs the kernel from 2.2 You must have been on one of the leaks if you didn't use the OTA. Just wanted to say that so someone doesn't see that and try from 2.1. big problems will follow if tried.
    Last edited by Gunkle; 10-10-2010 at 01:57 PM.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    You are correct sorry about that.

I was running the leaked 2.2 then went to Flyx then to Rubix i should have clarified that in my Original post.

Currently i am performing the Back up on her phone... then going to load up some Rubix thanks guys appreciate the responses

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    So i flashed everything over and got everything setup perfectly.. However one Major problem..

My wifes Contacts are not Syncing.. I know that RUbix does not have BLUR therefore it wont automatically SYNC facebook contacts etc.. however i did edit the socialmessaging.apk into the system and permissioned it correctly.. still nothing is showing it (it has been said to take a couple days to take effect)

Can i Restore the Backup of the Rooted OTA 2.2 on her phone.. copy her contacts to her gmail or my desktop.. then Restore the Rubix.03 and load her contacts in? or is it not that simple?

Also as stated Backup assistant does not work with RUbix.03

X Informant Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Roooler View Post
    So i flashed everything over and got everything setup perfectly.. However one Major problem..

My wifes Contacts are not Syncing.. I know that RUbix does not have BLUR therefore it wont automatically SYNC facebook contacts etc.. however i did edit the socialmessaging.apk into the system and permissioned it correctly.. still nothing is showing it (it has been said to take a couple days to take effect)

Can i Restore the Backup of the Rooted OTA 2.2 on her phone.. copy her contacts to her gmail or my desktop.. then Restore the Rubix.03 and load her contacts in? or is it not that simple?

Also as stated Backup assistant does not work with RUbix.03
    yes. restore
    sync contacts with the gmail account on her phone. give it some time to do this
    then redo. You could even backup what you have now before restoreing then when its all sync'd you could restore that backup and not go through the install again. then set the contacts to sync in rubix and your good. If that makes sense to you. I think we are saying the same thing. so yes

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Just want to clarify something. RubiX does work on the DX 2.2 Official OTA?

X Lurker
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chkmate View Post
    Just want to clarify something. RubiX does work on the DX 2.2 Official OTA?
    Yuppers. Here is rubiX's thread where most of your questions are probably already answered: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...uys-crazy.html

Easy to miss because of the title at the moment In this thread you'll find both Blurry and Focused ROMS (current)

Remove Ads

Ads