[ROM] rubiX Focused 0.3

This is a discussion on [ROM] rubiX Focused 0.3 within the Droid X ROMs forums, part of the Droid X Development category; Originally Posted by sephtin If it says "unmount system", then it was successfully mounted. After applying the fix, I navigate to the Mounts and storage, ...

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: [ROM] rubiX Focused 0.3

X Lurker
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sephtin View Post
    If it says "unmount system", then it was successfully mounted.
    After applying the fix, I navigate to the Mounts and storage, if it says "unmount system" I'm ok to reboot? Thanks for helping.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pERUVIANeDDIE View Post
    After applying the fix, I navigate to the Mounts and storage, if it says "unmount system" I'm ok to reboot? Thanks for helping.
    sorry, you need to mount system before you install the .zip file. after it doesn't matter. :P Which post had those instructions?

X Lurker
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsy77 View Post
    Thanks droid... Is Focus 0.3 the ROM with stock text app or Blurless 0.5? My guess is Focus, but would like to verify

**Original text app is not in Focus... Seems to have Vanilla MMS app for sure..**
    Is it just a matter of renaming a file in \system\app and then tossing original deodoxed version of file into that directory? If so, which...

Also, I have Titanium Backup, so if it's possible just to freeze the Vanilla app, I wouldn't be against that

Thanks folks.
    Last edited by mugsy77; 10-08-2010 at 05:43 PM.

X Pursuant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Thanks droid... Is Focus 0.3 the ROM with stock text app or Blurless 0.5? My guess is Focus, but would like to verify

**It's not Focus... Seems to have Vanilla MMS app... Perhaps in default text app is in Blurless?**
    I can tell there's some confusion here.
    Focused (0.3, now 0.5) = BlurLESS.
    Blurry (0.3) = +Blur

Focused does not contain the BLUR Text Messaging app, due to it's blurless nature.

Is it just a matter of renaming a file in \system\app and then tossing original deodoxed version of file into that directory? If so, which...

Also, I have Titanium Backup, so if it's possible just to freeze the Vanilla app, I wouldn't be against that

Thanks folks.
    Not that easy to get default blur text messaging app back:
    [ROM] rubiX Focused 0.3

Edit: The easy way to get the text messaging app back, is to install Blurry version. See first post here:
    http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...uys-crazy.html
    Last edited by sephtin; 10-08-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: addtnl info
    mugsy77 likes this.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sephtin View Post
    I can tell there's some confusion here.
    Focused (0.3, now 0.5) = BlurLESS.
    Blurry (0.3) = +Blur

Focused does not contain the BLUR Text Messaging app, due to it's blurless nature.

Edit: The easy way to get the text messaging app back, is to install Blurry version. See first post here:
    http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...uys-crazy.html
    Thanks for clarification... Will install Blur as recommended

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by s0n- View Post
    Use Root Explorer its the easiest way. Read for User Group and Others, Write for User. No Check marks on anything else.

SocialMessaging.apk
    This is the deodexed SocialMessasing.apk
    To Install this do i need to reboot into recovery... install .zip from sd card...click it install..reboot..then go to root explorer? is that correct?

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just installed this rom but when i did i looked and there was no backup assistant and all of my contacts were messed up. Come contacts would show up on one list and not another and i would favor contact and it would not show on the favorites list. I would and will use this rom when that is fixed because that is a huge deal breaker because this is the fastest rom i have ever seen and i would love if that could get fixed.

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Can the 928Droid BlackGlass knock this rom right off my phone? I loaded this rom last night. It went without a worry. Looked great with great performance. I decided to add the 928Droid theme on top and it too went without a worry EXCEPT all the bloatware returned and the phone lost all signs of the rom installed. Am I showing my true noob colors or can this really happen? Will accept any and all flames for being stupid but please throw in a little constructive criticism as well.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree FriendsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    243 times
    I did the same exact thing without thinking about it and bam.....the bloat was back. 928Droid's theme does have themed bloat in it and it'll install those apps since they part of his theme. RubiX is still there, Dave wrote a few changes into the build.prop that identifies it as Black Glass is all.

I've decided to forego all bloat and installed the Blackmodz Returns black bar from Onix Concepts in ROM Manager. It just gives you the black bar so you retain everything in RubiX0.5 but get the black bar. If you decide to go this route, and download it in ROM Manager make sure you move it from the clockworkmod folder on the SD Card to the root of the card. I reinstalled RubiX0.5 prior to doing that to remove all the bloat and then the Blackmodz Returns on top of it.

Then no bloat and a black bar to boot. I'll miss the incredible Black Glass theme, I've run it since my D1 days it's the most complete theme I ever ran.
    Last edited by psychotic_penguin; 10-08-2010 at 11:15 PM.
    RanballX likes this.

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by psychotic_penguin View Post
    I did the same exact thing without thinking about it and bam.....the bloat was back. 928Droid's theme does have themed bloat in it and it'll install those apps since they part of his theme. RubiX is still there, Dave wrote a few changes into the build.prop that identifies it as Black Glass is all.

I've decided to forego all bloat and installed the Blackmodz Returns black bar from Onix Concepts in ROM Manager. It just gives you the black bar so you retain everything in RubiX0.5 but get the black bar. If you decide to go this route, and download it in ROM Manager make sure you move it from the clockworkmod folder on the SD Card to the root of the card. I reinstalled RubiX0.5 prior to doing that to remove all the bloat and then the Blackmodz Returns on top of it.

Then no bloat and a black bar to boot.
    Wow... Strangely comforted by this. I'm currently doing just this. Re-installing Rubix to get rid of the bloat again and will give the Blackmodz Returns a try on top. Thanks for the reply.

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads