My Experience so far with my 1st ROM Apex 1.4.1

This is a discussion on My Experience so far with my 1st ROM Apex 1.4.1 within the Droid X ROMs forums, part of the Droid X Development category; Current state.. Not yet themed. ROM running with the stock gingerbread look. Launcherpro+ modded version running (see the modded thread at XDA on those.. Gorgeous) ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My Experience so far with my 1st ROM Apex 1.4.1

Agent X
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times

My Experience so far with my 1st ROM Apex 1.4.1

Current state.. Not yet themed.
    ROM running with the stock gingerbread look.

Launcherpro+ modded version running (see the modded thread at XDA on those.. Gorgeous)

Just discovered the Overclock function and went ahead and downloaded the app as I figured it'd have more capability and explanation for a newb, though the Apex utility gets the job done by itself it appears. Modestly oc'd at 1250 as I hadn't read much about it (yet). Lower voltage one step below normal "I think it's set at". Difference is slightly noticeable becaue the phone at stock Apex'd is BLAZING fast compared to stock-unrooted setup.

Getting comfortable with the concept of backups.. backups are your friiieend. Ran a second nandroid from bootstrap with the Apex_stock_LPP name as I'm probably going to become a theme junky in short order soon. Will backup those backups to pc also tonight I think, just for giggles. Ti Pro is backed up to sd card and dropbox. Always wide-open receptive to suggestions and words of wisdom on that, as with all else of course.

Quadrant score was 1532 this morning which I suppose is rather good. Never got past 1350 stock. But only maybe one or to FC's which were nothing.

For newbs considering rooting.. Read up.. Learn up.. And get it done (disclaimers of course it's your phone, your risk). It's been said it's like a new phone.. That is correct if you mean it doesn't lag, lockup or crash with FC's. Couldn't be happier.

Thought I'd share. Hope this is the right place.
    I need two DX's.. One to try rom's on and one for MIUI because it's THE daily driver for me so I'm not messin' with it.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Woot, Woot!!! Nice job Scott...I went with ApeX yesterday as well...switched up from Liberty 1.5...I like it so far but I themed mine already ...

So happy to see ya in the ROMs now!
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Agent X
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Thanks STG! It seems to be a whole new skill set compared to just learning the phone. I guess I waited until I had 1. the time and 2. was comfortable enough in what I was doing that the benefits couldn't be ignored any longer and I had to see for myself. Only wish there was an iMac friendly way to SBF to 340 stock if I had to, but I'm hoping that doesn't occur and be careful and deliberate with whatever mod I'm doing. I'll be interested in your experience with Apex in comparison to Liberty which I gather is completely blurless compared to the "just enough blur" of Apex. Went to the stock Messenger app to access a bellsouth email account and my first reaction was "Ah Darn!!! That gorgeous texting app is gone! Rats! Oh well." hehehe
    I need two DX's.. One to try rom's on and one for MIUI because it's THE daily driver for me so I'm not messin' with it.

Agent X
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Yea well I have been on apex sense Sunday!
    Sent from Mopar-x

Agent X
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 9.2%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Woot, Woot!!! Nice job Scott...I went with ApeX yesterday as well...switched up from Liberty 1.5...I like it so far but I themed mine already ...

So happy to see ya in the ROMs now!
    Did ya try a custom boot logo/animation yet? Think goblueboy did a blue version of that biohazard logo, and the default zoom bee boot logo is blue...

For animations, I haven't really looked at any other than the ones I've made, but DebianDog has a Blu one, the xoom boot animation is blueish, and the blue flaming skull is also, well, blue. :lol: And since you're on ApeX 1.4.1, I can practically guarantee any of mine that include a boot sound will actually play the sound. :lol:
    List of custom boot animations and logos.
    If you want a custom boot animation or logo, let me know.
    I can also add sound to your current boot animation.

Just got my work laptop back from my wife who had been borrowing it for a bit and will be installing all my tools on it so I can get back to work.
    My Droid X is currently running undervolted at stock speeds on ApeX 1.4.1.

If you have lost your mind and feel the need, you can contact me for my "new used laptop fund" link.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    @ Gorgarath...I haven't but I think I know what I want for mine....I want the song "She's Country" by Jason Aldean for my bootup sound with the blue droid with the stardust like circle going around it...is that feasible for my request LOL...

@ Scott...I had to laugh when you posted in doctordroid's welcome thread that "we love ya" and ya know we do! But I would say you have progressed just fine and on your terms which is how it should be...

Agent X
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    @ Gorgarath...I haven't but I think I know what I want for mine....I want the song "She's Country" by Jason Aldean for my bootup sound with the blue droid with the stardust like circle going around it...is that feasible for my request LOL...
    The blue droid with the stardust circle... Only thing that comes to mind from something I've seen is the Cyanogen boot logo. I've not really looked at many though. I'll see if I can find something to put the song to. Perhaps a blue Android milking a cow...

Just got my work laptop back from my wife who had been borrowing it for a bit and will be installing all my tools on it so I can get back to work.

If you have lost your mind and feel the need, you can contact me for my "new used laptop fund" link.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgarath View Post
    The blue droid with the stardust circle... Only thing that comes to mind from something I've seen is the Cyanogen boot logo. I've not really looked at many though. I'll see if I can find something to put the song to. Perhaps a blue Android milking a cow...
    You are too good to me ...LOL...but I am glad you understand that it has to be blue...I can show you which one I mean...there was a thread that wicked had posted that had several of them in it (I think it is there - I will go search now)...

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    You are too good to me ...LOL...but I am glad you understand that it has to be blue...I can show you which one I mean...there was a thread that wicked had posted that had several of them in it (I think it is there - I will go search now)...
    I definitely would like the link to the thread if they're ones from him or people on DXF. If they're from other sites, I'll still want the link, but won't add it to my list just yet until I'm sure I've gotten all the ones people at DXF have done.

EDIT: Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Link: [BOOT ANIMATION] The Droids

It is the particles one (green is showed in the thread)...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads