Zedge App

This is a discussion on Zedge App within the Droid X Ringtones forums, part of the Droid X Audio / Video category; I'm using the zedge app for ringtones and it looks like it sets the ringtone through the app but all that happens when the person ...

Thread: Zedge App

X Informant Achievements:
    7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Zedge App

I'm using the zedge app for ringtones and it looks like it sets the ringtone through the app but all that happens when the person calls is I get a name notification and the tone isn't saved.

Anyone experience this?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Had a problem once so I went into the settimgs and changed it. Could just be a glitch.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    What settings?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I Play COD - Call of Duty Forums (Use your Droid X with Tapatalk)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I even assigned a ringtone from the contacts edit screen and it doesn't seem to work. It's really frustrating.
    I Play COD - Call of Duty Forums (Use your Droid X with Tapatalk)

I have used Zedge to download ringtones but I am too much of a geek to now know where and how the ringtones filesystem and structure works. So, I browsed through the phone directory using Astro and moved all downloaded ringtones and notification sounds to the folders /mnt/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones and /mnt/sdcard/media/audio/notifications. Then you can assign the ringtones and notifications through the Android system NOT the Zedge system. I find this to be more appealing to use the system on the phone then a third party program. This method can be used for ringtones obtained from soundboards.

X Informant
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    @dread I've tried moving ringtones and notifications to those folders also but it won't let me, just gives me a message that says they cannot be moved. Rooted dx using es file explorer. Any suggestions?

Remove Ads

Ads