SD wont read or format

This is a discussion on SD wont read or format within the Droid X Rescue Squad forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I've had my Droid X for about 2 weeks now and suddenly today it resets and then the SD card cant be read anymore. It ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: SD wont read or format

SD wont read or format

I've had my Droid X for about 2 weeks now and suddenly today it resets and then the SD card cant be read anymore. It says Blank SD card, SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem. I am still using the 16gb card that comes with the phone. When i touch the alert it brings up a dialog to format the card but when i touch format, it just goes back to the home screen. I have rebooted the device, taken the card out and booted it up, then put the card back in... still nothing. Anyone have any ideas as to how this problem may be solved? Is it the phone or the card? I'm thinking im gonna have to go into verizon anyways.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    can your computer read it?

Tried hooking it up to the computer, it can't read it there either...

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    To figure out if it's the phone or the card, do you or a friend have another card? I'd try that in the phone, then I'd see if a friend has a phone that takes micro sd and try your card in there.

At least that way, you'll have a better idea of where the problem lies.

Sent from my DROIDX

Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your DX is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    call motorola, same thing happened to me, VZ's store would not replace it, but they did and shipped it 2 days.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Same thing for me. Verizon store replaced the card last Saturday without batting an eye. Said this is a widespread problem and I was in and out in 15 minutes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Lurker
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KEichman View Post
    Same thing for me. Verizon store replaced the card last Saturday without batting an eye. Said this is a widespread problem and I was in and out in 15 minutes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    If this is a widespread problem, why don't I see more threads on the issue? My SD card started having the same issue this weekend. For those who got a replacement, did it correct the issue? I wonder if there was a bad batch of SD cards? Did I lose all the pix on my card? Or can the Verizon store read the card and transfer my files?

So far, this has been the only real issue with my X and I've had it for nearly a month. Funny how time dragged before getting it and how fast it's flown by since.

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem! The phone say no memory card or to format it but it wont. Put it in my pc and it wont format it as well. I have another card and the phone will work with that card. So its is a problem with the card. Also on the down side i have video files and picks that i will no longer have.

X Operative
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I also have had the same problem! But I have had it a little worse. after getting a new card.all was good for a little while. Now every time I plug phone into the usb cable and unplug it. and yes I do a jacked it from the cp propped mount n dismount. It deletes all my pics but everything alae stays. Now I do have picks on the sdcard that have a . In front othethe file name and those pics have never been deleted. So now I have to put those pics in that file and then connect to the usb cable if I don't want to lose them .
    This is getting very old and frustrating
    I wonder if I have a nother bad sd card.
    SICKPWR likes this.
    Rooted OClocked DROIDX Rootedthemed Bionic

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got my new card today and all is well. Lost all my picks and videos which sucks. I hope this will not be a ongoing problem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads